china :: hong kong :: general

hotboyx2

My friends want to stay @ Metropark. Worth it?

Also where to go for streetwear-vibe steez without ridiculous markups?

Stayed there with the gf a few years back. They ugraded us to a bad ass suite for no reason other than asking to have a room on a high floor (was a student back then so it was already a pretty nice hotel for me). Loved the place, the room was really nice, the views awesome and it was walkable distance to causeway bay, bur relatively quiet around.. Great value for money

My friends want to stay @ Metropark. Worth it?

Also where to go for streetwear-vibe steez without ridiculous markups?

which metropark? theres like 3 of them

Avoid!!!

too many mainlanders...

its right next to the cross border bus station

interior is olddddd

no room safe

dirty carpet

dj_flame, in regards to your question, HKers don't really discriminate against people from Taiwan and Singapore. They'll know where you're from by the time you drop your first syllable.

Im working in the bank/financial sector. When you say theres a population of english speakers do you mean hong kong english speakers or expats?

english speakers. plenty of people from other countries, abundance of international schools etc.

expats just there for the hookers.

Sounds like you've experienced it, ha

I decided last minute I didn't want to troop into GuangZhou @ night... So my friend booked a room for me...

Worst decision ever...

Amount of money spent for the hotel could have got me a room at least 2x as big, and 3-4x nicer in GZ...

• 1 month later...
sup people,

I'll be in HK next Wed for a little over a week. Looking to do a bit of shopping, but also want to head out. What's the latest on good spots to go in HK these days (been like 2 years since I've been back).

Champagne Court... www.sex141.com (5)

heading to hong kong in july from the 10th to the 14th. any notable places to eat? big fan of hong kong fanfare like dim sum and roast meat and its been years since i've last went. any recommendations?

also wondering if there are any good optical shops in hong kong. want to pick up some oliver peoples glasses there.

looking into internships in china, I've been to beijing but Shanghai or Hong Kong?

Going to HK for a bachelor weekend in August:

- Any good apartments/suites that would sleep 4 guys around the $600-800 a night mark?

- Best club for commercial r&b/rap (ie vegas club music) and scenery?

You could definitely find a club like the in Lan Kwai Fong,

and if any house-heads pop through HK you have to check out Yumla....

Anyone with a hard-on for Viberg Bobcats and Engineered boots should head over to Izzue in HK pronto. Sale time!!!!! Bobcats in black suede toe/tan suede vamp and black smooth heel. Engineered in black suede!

Yeah, 1st round summer sale time

I had some stuff to pick up at APC yesterday and meanwhile found APC 30% off and I.T with various sales.

But with markups on many brands in HK, the sales just bring prices down to what they'd cost in the US (saw a coat at APC that my girl wanted down to 2800hkd from 3500, but it's on sale in the US for way less).

Lane Crawford IFC have got some good stuffs. Go check it out. Monitaly, Stevenson Overalls, RRL, Anachronorm (rocks! really nice detailing), Gitman Vintage, White Mountaineering, Post Overalls etc. One stop place for the outdoor/Americana/workwear vibe.