china :: hong kong :: general

hotboyx2

staying in HK from just the 26th till the 31st until I fly into mainland. Any recommendations for food/shopping in such a small amount of time?; prolly be going around cwb, etc but specifics to check out? And after the 28th I'm kicked out of my friend's dorm at CUHK so I need cheap accommodation for just the 3 days or so, so any recs for that too would be helpful. thanks sufu!

• 4 weeks later...

didnt realise there were two types of markets.. which are the non tourist trap ones?

Ive been to hk before and see a few of the sights so i was thinking the markets would be reasonable to stroll through, see a few interesting things, pass the time.

Guest yourfriend

hello ppl, i'll be heading to HK in a fews and would love a list of essential areas to visit for shopping. i'm interested in goth/dark/ninja fashion but am pretty much open to anything else thats cool. i'll also be running on a not-to-be-splurged budget too but i'll take any suggestions nonetheless. TIA

I just got back from HK a few days ago. I was only there for 2 days as I spent most of my time in China (Nanjing, Shanghai, and Shantou), but my 2 days were spent in Tsim Sha Tsui. A bit disappointed to see alot of shops on granville road were no longer there. I didnt hit the harbor city mall or any big spots, but managed to pickup a few things from uniqlo. Mong-Kok on saturday afternoon was fun, but the heat was almost unbearable. Still finding good sneakers there, however the price on some items was more expensive than USA.

• 4 weeks later...

Spotted at Causeway Bay MTR station, heading in Sheung Wan's direction:

You are a very tall Asian, like 6'3'', wearing maroon red Common Projects and carrying a huge black bag. Spotted with 2 KAGs and a curly haired white du.

WHO R U

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

anyone got recommendations/can point me in the right direction to rent an apartment for ~1 month? for around the mid jan to mid feb time?

looking for cheapness, one bedroom will do if theres a couch (prob gonna be two people most of the time, at one stage three, but floor and couch will do for sleep). decent location would be nice.

cheaper the better obviously