china :: hong kong :: general

hotboyx2

I totally forgot about Wan Chai ahhah, I've been there once as a place to go for drinks but never got bunged up.

Hong Kong's nightlife isn't exactly a great place in terms of atmosphere, it's horrendous unless you go with a good group of people in my opinion. Never expect your wishes to be fulfilled by good people, good music or good environment.

Nowhere in HK is sketchy if your a foreigner. You aren't gonna get stabbed or beaten up with a pool cue no matter what. You'll jsut get weird looks from the locals if you walk into a bar in TST, Jordan, Mong Kok etc, even then the hostess will still try to get you to buy a bucket of beer (bottles in a bucket of ice), those deals are good to get liquored up before heading somewhere else.

I've discussed this before but theres a few places that have open bars, not like the heydey of the early-2000s where almost anywhere had a 100 dollar open bar deal, but last time i was back home (summer) No. 9 (central/lkf) had a 150 open bar deal on fridays...not too sure if the recession has put an end to this.

LKF is still good to party, the 'pretentious' places you talk about, they can be good fun if you go with friends. Check out Azure in hotel lkf (opposite the (in)famous dragon-i) or volar (they sometimes have international dj's). Check out the flyers put up around LKF for whats going on in particular. Theres some promoters that run dubstep and drumnbass nites there but usually in dingy holes. SOHO has some nice bars/lounges if you want a chilled experience, check out sahara for shisha (dunno if you can still cos the smoking ban came in on the 1st) or gecko. This is pretty much a list of places i go to when home.

HK isnt like london or other cities where clubbers are spoiled for choice if they want to go raving or a particular music type but sticking to LKF if your a foreigner your probably gonna run into expats and locals living there that are up for a good time.

not to mention that during winter break, my friend got held ransom at a fucking strip club...sketchy as hell.

were you there with him?

you're friend must;'ve done something.......if he didn't then i take that back.

but IMO HK at night is not as sketchy as some of y'all say......lol kowloon is def. not "hood" by any stretch....

you'll probably not run into any shit if you keep your nose to yourself.

just stay away from chung king mansion.

The place is an absolute fucking hole during the day, it becomes even worse at night. even walking past it is unpleasant. I'd say one of the few places in HK i'd describe as genuinely shady.

O the curry there is supposed to be good but i hear SCMP did an analysis on it and found 30 kinds of semen in it.

were you there with him?

you're friend must;'ve done something.......if he didn't then i take that back.

but IMO HK at night is not as sketchy as some of y'all say......lol kowloon is def. not "hood" by any stretch....

you'll probably not run into any shit if you keep your nose to yourself.

somewhere in wan chai late at night in the red-light district.

we were walking around just chilling, and these old bitch drags us into some strip club. we're just sitting there sipping our beers when she asks us to buy drinks for the strippers. there were only like a dozen of them, so we were like w/e, thinking it was gonna cost us not too much. the night was slow and business was bad, so i guess she thought it was a good idea to rip us off. one of the filipino strippers whispers in my ear that i should be careful since im american and the will take advantge of me. during this time, my friend is at some place called the jungle room??

so i ask the old bitch can is see the bill so far, and she says "because, i like you, i will only charge you 10,000 HKD each you and your friend."

so basically she charges us around 1300 USD each, and i dont carry that kind of cash with me while cruising hk since i go with my family. i go in to talk to my friend, and he already paid her everything haha.

they basically hold him for ransom while i leave and come back with money.

such bullshit.

(i left out a lot of details for the sake of the reader)

you don't go to those places unless you are a US marine and are rolling with your fellow troop members

there is no real legitimate strip club in Hong Kong. Not one Vegas style worth going to anyway.

wish i had a time machine..

i basically lost over a grand and to top it off, those bitches were ugly as fuck.

the club owner ended up charging my friend and me 100 usd per shot x two (two rounds lol).

the only people those bitches hassle are the gweilos that walk past. if you look foreign and fall for their shit your gonna get ripped off. The only people that go there are marines and lonely fat 50 year old white guys. My cousin came down to HK last xmas and despite growing up there i've yet to be a patron of any of the titty bars in that area, so we went in and the mamasan did the exact same thing, tried to get us to buy drinks for the strippers/hos that were working there. we were like what the fuck and said no. as soon as that happened the fat bitches who were dancing (writhing about like beeched whales) on the bar got off the stage. Basically we got out with dropping 100 dollars each in cash for beers. The offered a lay for 400 but they probably all have aids or genital warts at least. I'm fucking glad thats all it was after hearing your story about dropping 10K lol.

Don't fuck with the filipinos or nepalese around wanchai tho, cos they WILL start shit and have plenty of boyz to call down. In fact, just avoid Wan chai all together. I dont even bother with that place any more now that im not 16 and can drink legally in other places.

just stay away from chung king mansion.

The place is an absolute fucking hole during the day, it becomes even worse at night. even walking past it is unpleasant. I'd say one of the few places in HK i'd describe as genuinely shady.

O the curry there is supposed to be good but i hear SCMP did an analysis on it and found 30 kinds of semen in it.

Don't tell me you scared of a few Nigerians in 3/4 length suits?

Chung King gets a bad rap I think. I had two little Korean girls who were friends of mine backpacking and that shit was fine.

But who's eaten at Chung King? I keep hearing about good food and honestly not all that scared by the talk of the jizz in my food... hahha

no idea haha but flyers were always handed to me when im there haha

a relative run a place there so i def wouldnt say its shady............what are those shit called? are they even considered as hostels? but yeah mad packbackers go there when theyre in HK.

as for Cyber, lol i think that place closed down casue of the same reason FTB said about that other place. K/E with underage kids.............

as for Cyber, lol i think that place closed down casue of the same reason FTB said about that other place. K/E with underage kids.............

Was that the place on nathan road, near kimberly road where there always used to be loads of kids dressed in black hanging out outside fucked up on pills?

I heard the raves at hitec are supposed to be alrite, some of my friends were there a few yrs ago for nye but there was mad police so they had to ditch their supplies cos everybody was getting searched.

That semen thing is hilarious. Anyway, just to let you know, if you want good, semen-less Jap curry, I suggest Bee in Causeway. It's on the map and it's bomb. The old Philippino women there know me and treat me well (This has nothing to do with what I'm about to suggest). And if you want to get your fuck on, go to Macau, get into a cab and ask for a place called Darling. There are like 4 of them I think, and I'm sure the cab driver will be more than happy to show you all of them if you don't find what you're looking for at the first. I don't think anyone was specifically looking for curry or whores, but I just wanted to clear the air a bit about what's good in HK!

after u get ure drink on dont forget tsui wah in lkf or if your in the mood for something greezy theres ebeneezers or even better, a place called beyrouth cafe in soho that has hands down, the best kebabs in HK. That is if you can get past the cockroaches and lack of hyegiene in that joint.

the HK stripper story was hilarious. but honestly it serves you right. you should kno better going to a place like that. that's one of the most common scams at any place in asia that has women like that. sometimes in shanghai, some girl will ask if she can "drink tea" and practice english with you and they take you for a ride. you just gotta be street smart about it.

the HK stripper story was hilarious. but honestly it serves you right. you should kno better going to a place like that. that's one of the most common scams at any place in asia that has women like that. sometimes in shanghai, some girl will ask if she can "drink tea" and practice english with you and they take you for a ride. you just gotta be street smart about it.

i got fucked...i know.

but, all in all, i blame my friend:D