china :: hong kong :: general

hotboyx2

have a friend dropping into HK for 30 odd hours. i've lived here for near three months and have no idea what to show her. i'm guessing peak, LKF/soho, lightshow from kowloon, mong kok, etc. are a safe bet. might scope repulse bay / stanely etc. as well.. fuck i'm a lost cause. i hate being a tourist. input welcomed.

where to kop bootleg dvds? shes keen on picking some up and outside of shenzhen i have no fucking clue where to acquire..

cheers.

30 hours, going for the touristy scenic route?

I'd do the walk of stars daytime, pop over to the peak, perhaps walk around central (weekday lunch time rush) for something exciting.

have to watch the laser show from the laser show ferries, and eat that sponge cake and drink that coke.

maybe peak at night.

take her to that one temple at repulse bay.

when I was in HK for the first time, the most interesting things were probably just walking around the smaller streets in Central as well as Causeway, since its like a whole different world in a way. if visibility is good I guess the peak might be worth a quick visit, as well as taking a ferry ride, maybe at night.

^^^

Joyce, Lane Crawford etc. have started sales now. The stuff is still marked up pretty high, and selection isn't the greatest. I think the buy for Y's store in Lee Gardens (CWB) is better than what the Central Joyce flagship is carrying for Yohji main line. Although there's a cool black blazer at the latter with the open-zipper panels all over and double buttonholes (not the plaid version), retail is $11,100 HKD.

yo so how do the lane crawford sales typically work? when are further discounts implemented? by how much?

seen a few pieces i like, but would obviously prefer >40% off. how low do they go?

also anyone checked out joyce recently?

arrived in HK a day ago and hit up Central. today. At Lane Crawford (IFC) brands with sales at around 40%-50% off included brands such as rg, rag & bone, s2a, attachment, cdg homme, and the main cdg line off the top of my head. Also, I think it's harvey nicholas (sp?) has a selection of last seasons CoN on sale at 50% off inc the cross bones logo tee.

Joyce had a few pieces of Jil Sander on sale and notably an absence of Dior denim, I thought they use to stock it? I haven't been to HK in a while so I'm not sure...

heading to cwb tomorrow :D

harvey nicholas is has like 3-4 levels of womens and at the very top is the mens floor with brands on sale at the moment that stood out for me such as moncler, Y2K and the rest I forget...

picked up some basic Zara stuff (duffle, t's) that I couldn't find at the store in Elements (where I'm staying). I'm looking for some new pairs of work shoes but sadly all the EU 43's appear to be gone :(

Don't really expect much from CWB as it's just another lane crawford (times square; probably with a smaller selection than IFC) and Sogo.

harvey nichols blows

cwb is cool if youre just goin there for karaoke, buying phones or whatever. not so much for clothes (there's Medium Rare which stocks some JP niche brands, but prices are pretty high). oh yeah Page One on 9th floor of Times Square is a decent bookstore.

Joyce doesn't carry Dior Denim (or Dior, period) now because there's a Dior Homme flagship in Landmark near the central Joyce, and in TST the Dior Homme boutique is like a few doors down (more like up, walk in the direction of the star ferry) from Joyce, on the corner of Peking Road.