china :: hong kong :: general

hotboyx2

yo home

There're two pairs of Drkshdw black cords (30, 32) in the Lane Crawford warehouse in Hong Kong, originally $250 USD, now discounted to $55.

thought you might be interested.. might be gone by now.. that was from a few days ago..

any luck with the viridi pants?

ahah, how do you know about that? where is the LC warehouse?

tbh i havent checked out LC for a couple weeks, but i did scope shine and IT to no avail, jcott. in fact they both have really limited viridi items - a tank top here, a shirt there, etc. Will keep my eyes peeled though, dude.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=54372&highlight=hong+kong+google+map there you go, good sir who shares the same first name as me, and also the u in our last names.

Thanks a lot ... didnt have much time in HK but at least this address helped me find places

hi there,

anyone knows if Uniqlo HK still stocks the selvedge denims skinny/straight? my mate's heading there in Nov. gonna ask him to pick it up for me. no uniqlo where i come from eh

thanks in advance

i was there last summer. the causeway bay store had them

hi there,

anyone knows if Uniqlo HK still stocks the selvedge denims skinny/straight? my mate's heading there in Nov. gonna ask him to pick it up for me. no uniqlo where i come from eh

thanks in advance

yes - and they're on sale at the moment - HKD 299 (USD 39)

anybody know where the high qual/local tailors are that are popular with the 'up there' business men? When I went a few years back, I was recommended to use one in Wan Chai but not sure if that guy is still around...looking to pay about 2-4K HKD per suit ...and maybe 600-800 HKD per shirt. Also, anybody heard of Ascot Chang - yay/nay?

<3

*edit*

just searched and got the following places that I'll also check out: jantzen and sam's tailor.

ascot chang is pretty well known, but be prepared to pay a higher premium.

i've been to sam's many times and he's never let me down. but i think he uses his shop's fame as a crutch.

any tailor shop that's still around these days in HK will be decent since the business is severely thinning out. its like natural selection. just remember you get what you pay for. so don't be upset about the quality when you're paying $300-400 for a bespoke suit.

• 3 weeks later...

dont go to any of the indian tailors ESP the ones in tsimshatsui...(not trying to be racist its just that these guys gip you and all my mates that have had shit made there have never been 100% happy with them.

Theres one in admiralty called tai-pan tailor. Its in admiralty centre (is this the one above the station? i honestly for the life of me cant remember what its called cos i just know the place by location) just above the MTR station. We've been going there for years and I can personally tell you that this guy does amazing work and is up to date with whats going on in terms of modern styles etc. so you can ask him anything, plus his english is good and he'll help you pick out materials. I had a one button, slim fitting suit ala dior homme done there and its sick.

admiralty centre actually has a bunch of different tailors but i cant speak for any others cos of loyalty to this guy.

Hope this helps