NoKipple - Official Thread

Megatron1505

They look good on you Brad, I think the "moose knuckle" thing is because they are slightly too big for you dude, you look like you have quite narrow hips and the top block looks a little over sized on you but they don't look bad at all.

I would suggest a size down if you were picking a pair up for yourself, or maybe try the narrows or the Blackies (the dyeing on these makes the shrink really come out so they feel slightly narrower to me).

Looking forward to your leg of the tour man, we've seen some great things so far from TVS and Summ3rhays, really enjoying this so far.

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well, but the waist fits fine. Don't really need to wear a belt, but do because I am use to it. I wish I had some $$ when the 50% came up I would have for sure bought the narrow version. I also attribute it to just starting to get use to fuller cuts as I have worn skinny/slim fits for last 6 years.

I know mega will like this, just picked up a thrifted Five Brothers flannel. Since it's so old the buttons keep coming out of the holes so am going to have to replace the buttons on this one.

1FXow03.jpg

Spent most of the day playing New Vegas, 200+ hours and still so much to do in this game.

FYXzVdO.jpg

Then since it was mothers day, went over to my moms and cooked her dinner. Girlfriend is making cards like this for friends, family so commissioned her to make one for my mom.

BQCyyZu.jpg

Mega does indeed love the thrifted 5 Brothers goodness, got more than a few of those bad boys myself and I'm also familiar with the button issue with old flannels. An easy fix luckily.

Thought I would snap a picture of my EDC, minus phone for obvious reasons.

Z1BV2ER.jpg

Had a few afternoon beers, not my first choice, but just what was available.

DrsX5V5.jpg

Then later on in the night the GF and I decided to go out for dinner as it was super nice out, which is a nice change of pace. We went to a poutine shop that has a crazy awesome selection, and we got the Donair one. On the way to the poutine shop I also picked up a vietnamese sub, because I forgot we were going to poutine shop. So ended up double fisting this awesome food.

B000Rdj.jpg

Xij1JhH.jpgCOdnM5X.jpg

Xij1JhH.jpg

gDbuRrH.jpg

This is a view from sitting on the couch of our apartment, the saddle shaped building is where the Calgary Flames play, and the rest of the Stampede grounds.

25DxTdT.jpg?1

Nice shot of the city while out for a walk with the dogs.

wdmxIwd.jpg

Hey Riff,

I have been remiss...cool pics. Was just browsing your tumblr again, it's a lovely thing.

Cheers guys! They are excellent indeed! Thanks Hectic - all is well, just ... hectic :D

The "dirt denim" was put through its paces while I was doing re-shingling on the house...  Was pretty funny: my stealth-rubber approach shoes, which have great grip, were shredded by the end of the day, but the Trophy jeans had barely a fade on the knees! This is great stuff!

14082190216_5b43f6aa44_b.jpg

13918707468_3b7984abda_b.jpg

Go for it! But if you make money off of it shoot me a pair of narrow cut ;)

So I forgot to include this in my last update, but purchased this fine machine over the weekend. But why is this important, or why should you even care? Well the story behind it is a lot more notable than the picture. 

So I contacted someone off of kijiji (buy/sell local items website) about purchasing a drill they had listed, for extremely cheap. $55 for just the casing, which is easily half off. So anyways, fast forward to Sunday and we drive down to the south of the city to meet the guy, and I told him what we were driving. He tells me that he is driving a crown victoria, which are known as a cop car. People often pick them up at auctions and drive them around as street cars, so it's not out of the norm to see non cops driving them. So in turns a crown victoria with all the cop bells and whistles, cage and everything and a RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) rolls up with his window down and says, "are you here for the drill?". At this point I am starting to panic, thinking I was being busted for trying to buy stolen items. On the way down to meet him I said to my mom that it would be weird if it was a cop, because we thought this item was stolen so this all was getting to weird. I said yeah I am, and then he handed me the drill and started shooting the shit. It ended up being cool, and it was just someone, who happened to be a RCMP officer, trying to get rid of their drill. But the whole thing left me a little shocked, and confused. But I got the drill, and that's all that matters.

SOOsgTF.jpg

Usually I have some stuff going on at work, but lately it has been incredibly slow so this was the highlight of my day.

xMY37eg.jpg

Some snaps of the walk home

1jEn4ds.jpgCKn3m2h.jpg

Guess I should've zoomed in a bit more here, but they're just starting to re do the rivers after the floods that hit this area pretty hard last year. The second and third picture show how the trees are still all messed up along the side of the river.

f1arO1a.jpgQFtmwnb.jpg?1if3pFQl.jpg?1

Then when I got home I sat by the river with the sunflower seeds, and my two dogs.

CVZ176O.jpgmiufaAo.jpg

Nice view off the roof of a building that we manage downtown.

y8B8aj8.jpg

Edited by bradl

Great updates Bradl and I'm a big fan of chilli sunflower seeds too, we usually have them in the car for emergency snacks, although I'm yet to convince the kids of their merits!

My only disappointment was that the Mountie drill seller didn't meet you on his horse to do the deal - a picture of that would've been the best ever thing on Sufu.

Great updates so far Brad, love the bizzaro cop/ drill hand off.

Me today wearing the Trophy Dirt Denim jacket and Trophy Blackie jeans.

eny7yze2.jpg

Great updates Bradl and I'm a big fan of chilli sunflower seeds too, we usually have them in the car for emergency snacks, although I'm yet to convince the kids of their merits!

My only disappointment was that the Mountie drill seller didn't meet you on his horse to do the deal - a picture of that would've been the best ever thing on Sufu.

I had never seen them before, was quite shocked tbh. But god damn they're good, the seasoning sure limits you eating a whole bag in a sitting though that's for sure.

That would have been the icing on the cake, "we're driving a accord, what are you driving?" "a horse" Unfortunately I can't remember the last time I have seen one on a horse besides the Stampede parade.

Start my next check in with some of the notable food I have eaten.

U0TPajY.jpg

qnCVb3u.jpg

wJ91sL4.jpg

cb3xbK8.jpg

hMuvbNo.jpg

Decided to treat my self to a new pair of shoes, lack summer shoes as I wear my gazelles all summer. So nice to be able to switch it up.

D8awMfT.jpg

Tried to snap a photo of the new court house in town, pretty amazing. Didn't really capture it here though.

i6Q7mKP.jpg

Art installation on a fairly busy street downtown, Stephen ave.

H2Yk3MG.jpg

War memorial downtown.

zwoTD33.jpg

Yesterday we went to a shop in the oldest part of town, Inlgewood. This is the only store that I'll shop at in the city. Only carry North American made items. Not into everything, but they carry an amazing brand Jungmaven who specializes in hemp clothing.

Ccn3BmJ.jpg

OOX9Etp.jpg

A few snaps on the way there, first one you can see where the beavers have eaten away at the tree to take to their dam. Never been able to find it though.

AXAKxMf.jpg

xhx7PP2.jpg

Then later on I decided to change the buttons out on my S710 and S552. Yuchi over at kaizoku pirates sent me a few buttons, would highly recommend him.

vC5MU82.jpg

Shiny new button

Bp20Hzy.jpg

How bent the prongs were on my s710, case of gaining some weight on an already slim pair.

ggXysfT.jpg

Random photo of the river behind.

Sp99Dvr.jpg

Think I am going to have to send these off before my 30 days is over, won't be till next Friday though so who ever is up after me hit me up. Just having a hard time with the looser cut of these.

But fuck, this denim is the real deal. Along with the rest of the jeans, definitely up on my list of jeans I need to buy, in a size that fits properly. 

I guess I should have said, I won't be wearing them as much, not sending out early. I will still have a few updates coming, one should be later today.

I think if I had the narrow in a 34 it would be perfect.

Booze enabled bank holiday discount again, WHITERUSSIAN (50%, 5 times use)

Unknown_zps747a392a.jpeg

www.nokipple.com

Edited by Megatron1505

Not much has happened here. Been pretty much sitting around at work, and sitting around at home. 

But on the weekend, I went and got my beard trimmed up a bit. Just to make it look less homeless like. I forgot to get the gf to snap before and after of them, so will just have to use your imagination. But after getting trimmed, I went and grabbed a burger from this place, which I believe is fairly new.

9PtP2sn.jpgfjvm1Lz.jpg8pMwT9V.jpg

I must say that it is, BY FAR the best burger I have ever had... They made all their own buns in shop, and you could really tell. Along with that they offered really fresh topings, and mostly unusual, arugula, garlic aioli, french brie, and cheese curds. Also I got all of that, plus a little cup of gelato for $10. 

Walk home

X2bpmFd.jpgJVe68s3.jpg

We spent Sunday morning giving my pup a bath, and a little bit of a trim. He is pretty much like a cotton ball now.

0yyGDvu.jpg

Then later on in the day we went to a "festival" three blocks over on a busy street, 4th street. It's called the Lilac festival, signifying the coming of lilacs I guess. It was so fucking packed, and really nothing note worthy to do while there so we left fairly fast.

1MpukjP.jpg

It was pretty much that packed for 9 or 10 blocks. The only thing that I got there was a nice big bag of kettle cooked popcorn. It's is cooked in a big kettle and mixed with sugar and salt. 

kccfm_kettle_corn_cook.jpg3XyKAZA.jpg

We also ran into this cute lil dude, Bruiser.

QhAKRx4.jpg

This was the scene at the front entrance to my building this morning. Looks like someone kicked it, as there was some blood on the floor around it.

8wQ1E1K.jpg

The mobile church

yPs7SMH.jpg

That's it for this update.

PS Go Jays

LJAFJ9K.jpg