NoKipple - Official Thread

Megatron1505

IMG_5492_zpsa38ad34d.jpg

The fit on the right is perfection!   I've been extremely fortunate to acquire some Trophy 1605's and a Dirt Denim Jacket!  I'll be uploading photo's and a short video in the coming days.  The weather here has been absolutely atrocious the past few weeks (rain, snow) and have kept me from posting a proper fit pic.  Few things to note-

1.   How outstanding the quality is.  The denim and construction are top notch!  The uniqueness of the denim alone makes it a sound purchase.  Also, the fit works great with pretty much everything in my wardrobe right now from Rising Sun to Real McCoys and all the boots I have.  It's not one of those pairs that only works with certain shirts, sneakers etc.,

2.   It seems like comfort is also a big factor in Trophy's designs.  For example, I like putting my hands in my pockets.  The slant design not only looks cool, it makes for a very comfortable "feel" when putting your hands in the pockets.  Most 5p jeans feel tight when I put my hands in the front pockets.  I also love the feel of the green herringbone pocket bags they used, super soft. 

3.  Again, the denim.  It's like somewhere between PBJ and Oni, but not like either one.  Great texture, character, slubs, and like Gavin said, it's rough but has a soft feel to it.  

The tour is a great idea guys!  Really think more people need to see/feel this denim firsthand.  Keep your eyes out for pic/vid post in the coming days!!

Thank you Aaron, I'm really looking forward to seeing your fit pics and video man  :)

The Trophy Dirt Denim is a really tough one to put into words, but you have done a great job there, and the exact idea behind doing a World Tour is to get the jeans into peoples hands so they can see and feel for themselves just how special these jeans are.

Our latest knitwear from Jelado is a timely reminder to us about why we love the brand so much. Made in Wakayama on vintage looms it is soft, thick and the most comfortable we have ever tried out. Jelado are a name not currently mentioned often when people are looking for a new hoody or sweater, this will change as more people try them out.

Jelado-black-zipped-hoodie-_zpsdacaf2a3.

Jelado-black-zip-hoodie-rea_zpsaf496eac.

Jelado-black-zip-hoodie-fro_zps2820a974.

Jelado-black-zip-hoodie-poc_zps2dd74aa1.

Jelado-grey-hoodie-front_zps5a9e9ff7.jpg

Jelado-grey-hoodie-rear_zpseafb2d23.jpg

Jelado-grey-hoodie-pocket-d_zpsbc2962de.

Jelado-grey-hoodie-hood-det_zps3e7b1f90.

And now you can read our meanderings on more social media networks...

https://twitter.com/NoKipple - Twitter

https://www.facebook.com/NoKipple - Facebook

NoKipple - Instagram

Garage Denim - Kibata, the oldest of old school, where authenticity is taught as standard

Unknown_zps9eceecde.jpeg

â€‹
Variety and choice are not things that a customer lacks when looking for a new pair of jeans these days, it seems that every week a company is coming out with a new or innovative denim that has features even more special than the last, as many of us denim lovers are a bit geeks about our denim (I know this because I am one of the worst), this is a dream scenario, but what if you want to go back to basics?

DSC_0325_zpsfcc2daea.jpg

In a denim sense back to basics means a number of things but at the beginning it means starting with unbleached cotton. Most raw cotton used to make denim is bleached as white as possibly to allow the fibres to more easily take up the indigo, this gives us the rich deep blue that so many jeans are when new, jeans were not always made this way though. The first denims were made with a raw unbleached cotton, this cotton has a slightly cream coloured look about it which effects the shade and take up of indigo, which in turn effects how it wears.

DSC_0320_zps1857e848.jpg

Another feature of original denim was that it was loom state, or as the Japanese call it "Kibata". This is denim that it totally untreated after the weaving process, no wash, no sanforising, no physical or chemical treatments at all. This denim shrinks to the wearers body and forms like no other, it is made over sized to compensate for this.

Trophy-GD-jeans-front_zpscacce3b5.jpg

It is after the first hot soak or wash of Trophy's "Kibata" Garage denim that its true magic is revealed, what begins as a flat, smooth and hard denim suddenly comes to life. Like the formation of the volcanic islands upon which modern Japan was built slubs runs and pulls rise from the once flat denim, texture replaces smoothness, depth of colour variation increases, in short it becomes an entirely different denim.

Troph-GD-jeans-button_zps4edcf0d6.jpg

Now you have a new, rough denim in your hands it becomes an entirely different wearing experience. The denim takes almost no time to show a thousand different subtle hues of blue, but much longer to fade with contrast. Thanks to the unbleached cotton what begins as electric blue then fades with an almost grey cast, faithful to how vintage jeans would fade.

Troph-GD-jeans-pocket-detai_zpsdfdbda58.

To make this most authentic of denims into a solid, versatile jean with detailing you would expect from the brand, Trophy have added a few very nice touches. The slant pockets are unbelievable comfortable and functional, I am not exaggerating when I say that I wish all my jeans had slanted pockets now, it makes that so much more comfortable and easy to actually put things in. The Talon zipper is a great detail, I have been brought up on button flies, but the Talon zipper, made by Waldes Japan, is a fantastic differentiator. The cut is a very slightly narrowed standard straight cut, and the silhouette is very much of a "greaser" jean with a subtle hint of modernity.

Troph-GD-jeans-top-block_zps92c063e1.jpg

Troph-GD-jeans-patch_zpse4405bf3.jpg

In summary, when you tire of the new, the latest gleaming innovations, this years model with added glitz and processing then it is time to retreat to a simpler time, and when you arrive in that simpler time this is the pair of jeans you should be wearing.

Trophy-GD-jeans-rear_zps4c4dab03.jpg

Trophy Clothing Garage Denim is available here: http://nokipple.com/products/garage-denim-1705

Edited by Megatron1505

Mega,

Can you give a comparison of the Dirt and Garage denims?

In terms of spec and wear?

I think people (me) would be interested to know how they differ from new and with wear?

Ultimately to help try and answer the question...'which Trophy Denim should I buy & why'

Thanks Chap.