Wow! Beautiful resoles. These are a couple of resole jobs I have done in the past couple of months.

These are Redwings pt83 2268. I resoled them and made them flat toes with no celastic.

97F59811-3F24-4019-A9F4-06F1DBD4FAFA-124

C58B21C6-324A-4558-A156-52029FA9E541-124

These were Corcoran Jumpboots I cut down and resoled them with Catspaw.

C9CD646F-620B-4FD9-8CE7-84CA62E5A5BD-124

5126A515-5D70-44C4-AA56-F4F0E6019AE0-124

6E7A024D-267E-4FFE-9BEF-10FA397CF9D8-124

These are American Works Engineer Boots. Resole job

BB8E444C-B7A3-45FF-AC01-63072B62A9B5-124

973AAA00-D454-4229-8F5A-BA348B02C1C2-124

Enjoy! Looking forward to seeing more resole job

Sup Brian! Glad to see your work on here. Just in case anyone is wondering Brian is a cobbler that still utilizes, hand welting, skiving and cutting. In other words, his craftsmanship is great. He can re-size, re-sole as well re-shape toe boxes. He has a very interesting product which I'm sure he'll announce soon.

Hit him off for all of your boot maintenance needs.

Another masterpiece by Mr. Okuyama!!

I heard that Fukurokuju has the exactly same lasts that Red Wing Shoes Co uses, so that the shape of every pair resoled Red Wing boots can be maintained. If this is true, this truly makes Fukurokuju standing out from other cobblers in the world.

Its true, Okuyama-san has a few Red Wings lasts as well as White's, Wesco, etc. He is the best in my opinion, because I really don't need to explain anything to him. He just gets it. His sense of style, level of craftsmanship is very unique to him. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I love it.

The last time I visited him, he had boots to repair all the way up to his crib, so he had to open bigger place, as well as have a brick and mortar shop to sell his boots (Vibergs, Whites, and Rios). I can imagine he'll be busy for months even without taking on new clients.

Stunning works!!Brian,

did you resole them by yourself?The shaft-cutting and riveted shank are amazing!

Thank you! Yes I am bootmaker/cobbler from Los Angeles. I specialize in vintage repairs.

Brian, thanks for posting your great resole jobs, can't wait to see more from you!

Thank you, I will try to keep posting as much as possible.

I am working on getting specific shoe lasts made for different engineer boots models as well as getting quality brass Roller Buckles for you engineer boot lovers. It's all about the details. ðŸ‘

Its true, Okuyama-san has a few Red Wings lasts as well as White's, Wesco, etc. He is the best in my opinion, because I really don't need to explain anything to him. He just gets it. His sense of style, level of craftsmanship is very unique to him. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I love it.

The last time I visited him, he had boots to repair all the way up to his crib, so he had to open bigger place, as well as have a brick and mortar shop to sell his boots (Vibergs, Whites, and Rios). I can imagine he'll be busy for months even without taking on new clients.

one thing i notice about his re-soles is the flow of the sole, from heel to toe.  Not sure how else to describe it, but it has an organic shape, almost aerodynamic in appearance.  Everything is balanced

one thing i notice about his re-soles is the flow of the sole, from heel to toe.  Not sure how else to describe it, but it has an organic shape, almost aerodynamic in appearance.  Everything is balanced

Yes I agree. He does insist on finishing every pair of boots himself. I've watched him fine tune the soles on the grinder. He's got a very delicate touch that is usually reserved for a dress shoe. From the slight pitch of the heel to the smoothness of the sole, it's unmatched.

The other thing to note, and it's just a nerdy detail, is how even his stitches are. Through experience, he sets his tension just right on his Rapid E machine. He also uses the correct thread. If you look at anyone else's work, you'll see how uneven the stitches are in terms of size and straightness.

Did you have the steel toe removed from the 2268?

Yes indeed.

Edited by coleslawyum

Yes I agree. He does insist on finishing every pair of boots himself. I've watched him fine tune the soles on the grinder. He's got a very delicate touch that is usually reserved for a dress shoe. From the slight pitch of the heel to the smoothness of the sole, it's unmatched. The other thing to note, and it's just a nerdy detail, is how even his stitches are. Through experience, he sets his tension just right on his Rapid E machine. He also uses the correct thread. If you look at anyone else's work, you'll see how uneven the stitches are in terms of size and straightness. Yes indeed.

One day I would love to visit his shop. I respect his work very much.

• 2 weeks later...

Some examples from Japanese Masters

tumblr_mx6mwkyfD21t14nbjo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mx6mwkyfD21t14nbjo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mx6mwkyfD21t14nbjo3_400.jpg

tumblr_mx6mwkyfD21t14nbjo4_400.jpg

tumblr_mx6mwkyfD21t14nbjo5_400.jpg

tumblr_mx6mwkyfD21t14nbjo6_400.jpg

tumblr_mx6mwkyfD21t14nbjo7_1280.jpg

There is no shank inside the Red Wing boots built with the traction tread soles, such as #877, #875, and so on. To transform those boots into the sole with heels requires shanks so that the shape of the boots can be maintained and the arch part can be supported.    

• 2 weeks later...