• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm honored to say I'm the soon-to-be proud owner of these resoled Chippewas. So excited to see them in person! They look amazing - thank you, Brian, for the truly amazing work you do. 

Fire Red Stitching on Dark Olive Steerhide. Role Club Engineer boots coming soon. E72B144C-D47F-4FA4-BE99-915027FD5D0F_zps

How do you protect the stitching when you polish the boots ? , always liked the Dayton milkmans but figured that all the white stitching would be lost when you do the first boot polish .

I'm curious if anyone has any information or photos of resoled Dr. Marten's. I sent Brian an email inquiring about it, as a Google search didn't turn up much. I have a pair that hold some sentimental value and would like to have them resoled to strengthen/dress them up a bit and get rid of that nasty yellow sole..

Chippewa boots resoled, replace paper footbed with leather footbed, installed Role Club solid brass roller buckles.

F49445C7-E2A5-4DE2-97EB-9E93635FCF22_zps

C322B32A-4A22-4DFD-9C12-EE3962AFA06C_zps

C148FCC8-E66E-4671-A498-2BCF1854AB58_zps

E6AD677C-4723-440A-94EF-910966A1524E_zps

Shameless plug... 

Price drop on Chippewa x Role Club 1901M49 Cordovan Engineer boots - $575 $525 + shipping

Edited by mpukas

• 4 weeks later...

I finally had my Red Wing 9027 resoled and the buckles changed out for good measure. I like the look a lot more now. It's the 2268 sole plus 2268 roller buckles. A huge improvement over the branded buckles IMO, and I never liked the white wedge soles. A great way to improve upon the crepe wedge sole engineers by Red Wing I think, because those can be had for much cheaper than the 2268.

They went from this:

urN8MFLl.jpg 8h6XdYCl.jpg

to this:

Z1zKiNPl.jpg xEx45a8l.jpg XpiYdqAl.jpg

Heel stitching compared to stock 2268:

7jJhIZdl.jpg

been using my red wing 3140s at work and will probably need to resole them in a few months or less, but i want to try something other than the default red wing sole that comes with them. the cushion wanderer from dr. sole looks good, but i was wondering what the vibram equivalent would be. the closest i've seen is the 2021 sole, but that one raises up a little off the ground in the arch and i like how the cushion wanderer is flat all the way through. does vibram have another model of that sole type that is flat like the cushion wanderer and if so which one is more durable or comfortable?

• 4 months later...

How do you protect the stitching when you polish the boots ? , always liked the Dayton milkmans but figured that all the white stitching would be lost when you do the first boot polish .

Your best bet is using natural Polish. It will darken the stitches just a bit

been using my red wing 3140s at work and will probably need to resole them in a few months or less, but i want to try something other than the default red wing sole that comes with them. the cushion wanderer from dr. sole looks good, but i was wondering what the vibram equivalent would be. the closest i've seen is the 2021 sole, but that one raises up a little off the ground in the arch and i like how the cushion wanderer is flat all the way through. does vibram have another model of that sole type that is flat like the cushion wanderer and if so which one is more durable or comfortable?

There's also the Vibram 4014 Vibram- fair traction. It's more durable but not as comforable as the 2021.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Some great boots!

i have custom brogues from 2008, custom boots from both 2012 and 2014, and I'm having another pair of boots made...

my my shoes were recently resoled and heeled and came back looking like new, the 2012 boots sadly weren't done very well and I haven't worn through the soles of the 2014 boots yet..

i can't wait for my next boots but they take ages to make and I have a long wish list as well as my denim (shirts,,coat etc), so I don't expect to get them this year...

here are the shoes before mending,,and the 2 boots (the black ones are the 2012 pair and well worn I'm now but hopefully plenty more years from all of them!

apart from my navy suede house slippers this is the only footwear I own.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg