I present to you the official Black CXL Horsehide Role Club engineer boots. I will be posting the other 2 color options this week. I will be taking orders and posting detailed pictures and descriptions 2 weeks from now on www.RoleClub.com

Thank you all for the support and patience. It has been over a year working on the Role Club 40's inspired engineer boots. I have put my all into these boots and look forward to seeing my work speak for itself.

21D8EAB4-9ECA-46ED-BD45-30C8B0F1FA21_zps

Edited by BrianTheBootmaker

Here is the official color way for the Role Club engineer boots. I present to you all the Dark Olive Steerhide. This Thursday on October 30, 2014 I will begin accepting orders from the waiting list. Thank you all for your patience and I appreciate everyone's positive feedback. I will also be posting detail pictures and descriptions on RoleClub.com

7638C4FB-C4AE-43E6-ADE4-4B5625474140_zps

2FCF63BD-55D0-491E-BE00-A17299D32DB2_zps

@BrianTheBootmaker What is the line that goes down the center of the vamp? I haven't seen that before and am curious about what it's from/why its there?

They're also on the Buco boots

But I'm also curious.

Edited by bradl

From Brian

The indentation you see on the boots is called a toe track. The reason a boot has a toe track is because the vamp went through the crimping process. It is used to get all the stretch out of the vamp because when a bootmaker needs to turn something that's 2D into 3D it is more work if the vamp is not crimped. Another benefit when a vamp is crimped is it keeps the vamp smooth without any wrinkles. The crimped vamp sits well on the shoelast. 

There are different way to crimp a vamp. For example Buco puts their vamps into a crimp machine. It is a hot blade that folds the vamp in half and indents the leather. I wouldn't mind having a crimp machine (really expensive!) but I use crimp boards at the moment. It is the same process but more hands on. I last the vamp on a piece of board to get all the stretch out and it naturally gets the toe track. Not to knock on Ray, but I don't believe there is any last out there that created the toe track. The indentation is made from the grain to the flesh so the vamp gets that beautiful ready to last moon shape. The reason why a shoe last sometimes has something protruding is to change the width of a shoelast not to create a toe track. If it was true then the toe track would be protruding, and that wouldn't be attractive in my opinion.

Tomorrow (October 30, 2014) 12pm PST you can visit RoleClub.com to look at the official Role Club engineer boots. #ThankYouForTheSupport

99612EFA-9044-4AEA-A377-27C9B45A41FB_zps

I can not thank you all enough for the tremendous support. You all made it possible for this exclusive release. For those who are interested in the Role Club engineer boots you can now visit RoleClub.com for the details.

AB14139B-488E-464C-BE8E-37B0D4513888_zps

^ I didn't put up any pricing on the Role Club website. You can contact me if you are interested. Thank you! [email protected]

Wolverine 1000 Mile boots resoled by Takeshi Okuyama. I ruined the natural edge finish after my dog peed on them, so I applied some brown beeswax with a Dremel and they look good as new. In fact, I kind of prefer the darker sole edge.

15592897099_93eb18e232_k.jpg

15593308688_2eb446dd97_k.jpg

15755035956_def14adfc0_k.jpg

15755035556_de6361a062_k.jpg