What hat are you wearing on this photo? It looks amazing!

Sorry, off topic but I'm selling this same hat in brown size Medium (7 1/4) if anyones interested.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/155504-fs-iron-heart-301s-slim-selvedge-sz-30x36-used-barbisio-x-camo-ranger-hat-in-sand-sz-m-7-14/

Size up 1. I just recently just bought one. I'm a size 1 and a 2 fits perfectly. Sizing up 1 is still a little too small for layering though IMO.

mines for sale as well, medium navy (better color and cheaper) ;)

haha I'm more of a fan of the brown but the blue is nice too.. p.s mine is pretty much brand new ;)

Edited by jacoBUH_x

so here's the news from honeyee.com 

http://www.honeyee.com/news/fashion/2014/006237/

they're going to open at Gyre Omotesando. 

the ICP has the stupid visvim coffee already. that artisanal farmer's market bs is hiroshima this weekend

As I was browsing through the blogs at work, the hype beast one showed the flag T .. My american friend noticed the flag being upside down.  For him  as an ex service man a symbol not to be taken lightly. So we started wondering if it was japanese stupidity or a clever comment on the state of affairs in the US today ? We both think it's the first but lmk if and why it's the latter..

im a cadet at USMA, so technically im military, will be officer. my brother is a week out from being pinned and being officer, and i noticed this too. i don't think it is either of those things though. i think it comes down to other nations not valuing the importance of symbols other cultures might really cherish. for example, there are plenty of stories of US troops taking flags, even burning out of hatred, albeit much more rare. maybe justified, like after IED attack or whatever, losing someone, but obviously that does no good for relations and makes US look bad. but thats just kinda it, sometimes other cultures dont care about importance of 13 stripes, however many stars, its never been a big deal to them. HN might have just thought that it looked better aesthetically that way. i would have to agree with him honestly. for whatever reason, if it were to end with the stripes it would look odd to me, i dunno.

tl;dr all cultures are insensitive to a certain extent, HN as world traveler appreciate all things in life type of dude prolly not malicious political statement kind of dude. too heavy for vis it seems.

Edited by Kaf

Thing is about Vis is that it also harks back to the indigenous people of the USA . And a lot of that culture seems to dissappear pretty quickly.. So that's where our train of thought came from..  Think Hiroki is trying to save a lot of the aesthetic and feeling of the tribes and the way they made clothes and translate that to modern times but the other stuff (legends,song and dance) he can't save . And the US doesn't seem to care that much ( I might be wrong there but that is what I have seen so far)..Therefore the distress signal??

that means you'd got to look at other flags that hes used. see if they right side up, etc. im not sure on all the political states of the nations he been using lately, but to say that they "better off" or in less distress than US seems a little ridiculous. if they are upside down, i dont think its really compareable to US either. US can have problems, but rich people still rich people and poorest people have it a lot better than many regions of the world. that being said, the spirituality and paying homage to culture is certainly falling away to the material which seems to be ever more of greater importance in our society. i could accept it was commentary on that aspect, but then i wouldn't have an answer to some of the other flags he used. i feel like if he was going this route, talking about issues with other countries, he could make a shirt for every nation in the world, seems kinda crazy to single a few out. again, i dont know whats going on or if there are other aspects that tie the countries he been using to the US. also, he been suing primarily US flag lately, especially for the ICT stuff. i think it just sells much better and more to do aesthetically with US flag than a few stripes or triangles. stars been large theme last few seasons. that and i feel a lot of Japanese brands been putting out US flag themed gear.....being US dude i couldn't wear any of that though so this is first time i put much thought into, interesting for sure. sorry for length.

It's a nod to the appropriation of military wear and subversion of the American flag during the protest culture of the Vietnam era, something that has been prevalent in Visvim symbology as of late (see recent Kilgores and lookbooks featuring helmets); I feel it is culturally irrelevant at this point and generally uninteresting in the eyes of westerners.

Edit: Many Japanese companies use such referential language and aesthetics, WTAPS being the most consistent example. No political message is intended, it is part of the ongoing Japanese fascination with remixing Americana.

Edited by Planetarium

The ICT travelling trailer release is great as well.

I took a liking in these non-standard bandana colors- there will be probably many version of the Lhamo dropping in next days. Too bad it will be almost impossible to buy anything.. :)