Zombie Invasion

lindt

Do you guys ever lie awake at night and wonder if you are properly prepared for a zombie invasion? Sometimes I am seriously concerned that should an invasion strike that I would be ill prepared.

I live on the upper story of a building so that would certainly be in my advantage should I need to setup fortifications against attacks. Also I try to keep at least one month's worth of food supply in my cabinet in case I would need to barricade myself in my room.

Any thoughts, suggestions or preparations you have made?

• 3 years later...

Zombie Survival Guide is the shit!! I seriously planned for weeks after reading that for a Class 3 outbreak.

Although living in the UK guns are pretty hard to come by, so it's all about the trench knife. I found a spot near my house which has brick walls and razor wire all around, plus has a metal cold house for food and stuff. Hopefully in the panic of an outbreak people will flee the city and clog up the motorways and die, so I can sit out the initial stages and move into base.

Obvious moves are going up north to those islands near Scotland where it's quiet, but I suppose everyone thinks of that. Could go across sea, but fuck the danger of having a zombie on board. Living in the city I'm screwed most ways, but I think I got it reasonably hacked.

Gun people call the end of the world S.H.T.F= Shit hits the fan.

from my bored internet research about gun people, the fears they talk most about on sites like glocktalk.com are:

1- fear that the gun wont work when they want to shoot someone.

2- that the gun will not be powerfull enough to stop the person whom they are shooting IE- 9mm VS .45...

3- ZOMBIES!

i swear to fucking god, no matter how serious the thread is, they always go back to zombie talk.

odd stuff, but true.

I'd be worried about being in country with guns to be entirely honest. People will be trying head shots left, right and center. Chances are that thousands of humans are killed out of knee jerk responses. I mean look at Night of the Living Dead. Black guy survives evvverything, then some farm boy kills him thinking it was a zombie! Then again, you might just get some sadistic people killing everyone like in Zombie Diaries.

Plus how many people can actually get a headshot from distance with a horde of zombies coming towards you? And ammunition is a problem. Evvvvvvverybody is gonna head down to the gun store for defence. Either there will be nothing left, or the owners will have locked down and shoot people who come to near. The human factor is just as dangerous as the zombie!

Zombie Survival Guide is the shit!! I seriously planned for weeks after reading that for a Class 3 outbreak.

Although living in the UK guns are pretty hard to come by, so it's all about the trench knife. I found a spot near my house which has brick walls and razor wire all around, plus has a metal cold house for food and stuff. Hopefully in the panic of an outbreak people will flee the city and clog up the motorways and die, so I can sit out the initial stages and move into base.

Obvious moves are going up north to those islands near Scotland where it's quiet, but I suppose everyone thinks of that. Could go across sea, but fuck the danger of having a zombie on board. Living in the city I'm screwed most ways, but I think I got it reasonably hacked.

SuperSurvivors - London Branch :cool:

Zombies can survive under water! They are a reanimated corpse! Their brain partially works, but their body is essentially dead. Hence they do not feel pain and only die from the destruction of the brain. You can trap them in a room and set it on fire and they won't try to escape for fear of burning to death, but eventually the body gets destroyed for it is but flesh and bones.

They don't need oxygen, because the virus is self sustaining, only really needing human meet for the zombie to survive. Hence, they can walk under water. They can;t swim and are stuuuupid though, so they'll probably be trapped under there. But they can walk out and onto shore, hence the reason that sea patrols are important. Swamps are a no go area because they can be easily hidden in there and fuck you over quick.

Lemme just work on copy and pasting the zombie basics from Zombie Survival Guide. It explains all the REAL rules regarding zombies.

Zombies can survive under water! They are a reanimated corpse! Their brain partially works, but their body is essentially dead. Hence they do not feel pain and only die from the destruction of the brain. You can trap them in a room and set it on fire and they won't try to escape for fear of burning to death, but eventually the body gets destroyed for it is but flesh and bones.

They don't need oxygen, because the virus is self sustaining, only really needing human meet for the zombie to survive. Hence, they can walk under water. They can;t swim and are stuuuupid though, so they'll probably be trapped under there. But they can walk out and onto shore, hence the reason that sea patrols are important. Swamps are a no go area because they can be easily hidden in there and fuck you over quick.

Lemme just work on copy and pasting the zombie basics from Zombie Survival Guide. It explains all the REAL rules regarding zombies.

How do they move if their hearts don't pump blood therefore their muscles don't get ATP therefore cells don't do shit? And what's with this "self-sustaining virus" crap?

I've read the Zombie Survival Guide up until the part when he started talking about zombies being able to survive underwater in which case I realized he's full of shit and has never encountered a zombie nor anyone who has. The only plausible explanation for that shit would be if the virus replicated in the lungs and produced oxygen to be directly absorbed (which would then still need to be circulated through the body with the assistance of a heart, bringing me back to the point of "Why the fuck don't their hearts work?"

PS augustus both of those options were struck down in the other thread, Costco would be too hard to defend (and you'd have a lot of people going there with you so it'd be only a matter of time before y'all get fucked up. And the boat would have to land sometime for food/water/gas which would lead to your imminent death

if zombies had to survive from the regular conditions of having oxidized blood pumped through their veins, you wouldn't see so many of the amputated/disfigured ones, otherwise they would all just bleed out and die, right?

they must have some sort of ability to sustain themselves without the conventional ways of getting oxygen to their muscles.

World War Z told me zombies will be able to survive underwater, they'll migrate in great swarms underwater.

Basic rules of biology shouldn't really be applied to zombies aren't real so therefore free of boundaries set upon by the laws of nature.

I mean what if it was a zombie created by a necromancer, then it lives via magic.