• 2 weeks later...
On 02/04/2017 at 9:27 AM, mikecch said:

Reviving an old thread because I wrote another thing:

https://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/2017/04/02/big-john-r009-rare-slim-jeans-review/

Otherwise, have at some photo

Excellent review! Big John is really underrated for a brand with such a long rich history

• 11 months later...

Quick pic of my Kuro2 jeans. Really like the look of them at moment. The black is now a dull black with subtle vertical streaks of indigo along the front.

IMG_20180324_145248.jpg

Edited by Niro

• 5 weeks later...

Some time in the next few days I'm planning on doing an update / review on my R008's. In preparation, here are some weirdly-posed, very non-candid fit pics from day 0 that I don't think I ever got around to posting…

Very slim-fitting and low rise, but a good cut overall!

oFJ6WzQ.jpg

S9WbZ2q.jpg

9ph2YbJ.jpg

Next, fast-forward to ~6–8 months of wear:

TvEi4Sc.jpg

b7roXnb.jpg

sYkFyj2.jpg

TWJzLLV.jpg

NscqjkB.jpg

nBaEEiM.jpg

Color is closest to true in the last photo. Despite fading fairly quickly, there's more blue in these than any other synthetic-dyed jeans I've owned, I think.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Purchased these Rare 008 in October of 2018 from @julian-wolf They have about 6-8 months of actual wear time. I have a desk job so I don't wear my denim hard but I am able to wear denim everyday. The fit pic is closest to their actual color. I wasn't able to get great pictures because it's overcast and raining.

I bought these when I was in the worst shape of my life, which makes these jeans the baggiest pair that I own. I don't care because they are so comfortable. These were my favorite pair until I bought the OOE OA02xx3. I do wish they used this fabric in a similar cut with a higher rise because this fabric has become my absolute favorite denim that I own.

B2A04346-8A79-4D2C-89EC-2554D21AA952.jpeg

79D5844B-9425-4015-946C-4E8CB603A672_1_201_a.jpeg

1F86C11C-DA4D-403E-9ACA-F1BC79D5274B_1_201_a.jpeg

6AD8BBFD-A2CC-464B-AD4E-0A1924945F8B_1_201_a.jpeg

665E515E-2E58-4120-B6CD-B0F27D294F4A.jpeg

Edited by JRendon02
not all pics uploaded

Hell yeah, those are looking great! Glad you’ve been able to put some wear into them; I would’ve felt bad having them just sit in my closet.

Agreed 100% on the fabric. I’m not usually into faster-fading denim like this, but they absolutely nailed it. If they put out a pair of higher-rise, better-constructed jeans sewn up from this or something similar I’d have ‘em in a second.