• 7 months later...

I have seen some pics on fades on the rare 009, looks pretty awesome.

I am surprised Big John is not more popular on here, given their history as Japan's oldest denim brand and apparently the first brand to create selvedge denim to Japan. Plus their jeans seem to get real nice fades and from the comments i've read on store pages and elsewhere, people really love the fittings and quality.

I pulled the trigger on the Kuro2, so hopefully I will get it within a month, give em a soak and start wearing them :)

Found a post on their blog, of the fade after 3 months of wear:

http://bigjohn.weblogs.jp/big-john/2013/01/m1-kuro2-3-month-after.html

• 1 month later...

Kuro2 jeans arrived today!! I have the slim tapered fit (M106D-61B). They look much better than in the pics, nice crisp looking pair of jeans.

Snug fit. I got a size 30 which is supposed to be 33.1 inch waist according to sizing chart, but it fits my 32 inch waist perfectly. Buy a size bigger and it should fit perfect.

Going to give them a soak sometime this week.

mrcxef.jpg

v8hbao.jpg

350rwug.jpg

ekqk3s.jpg

I wouldn't soak then, just wear them to stretch to comfortable as you don't have to worry about shrinkage when you wash?

Actually I just realised they are non-wash.  :unsure:

On Denimio site, it says they are using a non shrink denim, but I have sent email to confirm. I might just send back for a size or two larger anyway. I don't want to make the same mistake I made with my Momotaro pair I bought  :blush:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...