this is not the new reacharound thread

denimdestroyedmylife

aw. thanks

well every single cent that has come in from subscriptions so far has gone straight back into getting repcom back online... so all members - and subscribers especially - should feel some ownership in this project. 

me and the mods and the techmonkeys are just here trying to figure out how to configure it the best way possible - which as usual due to technical limitations is a brainfuck at the best of times. this is custom development stuff and we fortunately found one of the original rep software developers to do this work AND he is still working on it [currently trying to extract all the 500000 old rep comments and importing them into this new rep]. as of an email i got today he still thinks he can actually do it - which will be the *supermiracle of 2013* if he can...

as for how this all works we are keeping it flexible and just soaking up all the comments... as you'd expect there has already been a lot of discussion between mods. i'm sure we are going to keep tweaking it wherever we can - so all feedback is useful.

anyway probably better to keep the feedback on the REPCOM 1.0 thread and leave this one for reacharound-ing and rioting.

i should add that i appreciate that the mods/owners are willing to take risks to improve the site.

i know this isn't the new reacharound thread, but is it the feedback thread? cause i'd like to search old posts. i want to relive the magic.

on the other hand

they're kinda like funders for the service, kinda like investors (but will never get anything of monetary value) so why not be able to have a greater say

kinda like

i pay for broadband, so u bet your bum that i'm gonna limit your bandwidth cuz it's up to me

and it's only 9 extra points even if they wish to grant the max

etc etc etc et

devil's advocaat etc

• 2 weeks later...