April77

Astérix

No they're not.

I'll get fit pics up in a bit, but I went a size up on mine so they're not as tight as in the pics on royalcheese.

You disagree that the pics on royalcheese are joeys? The small fly, back pocket rivets and strong taper make it pretty obvious that they are not the dictator cut, unless everybody else fucked up and only royalcheese got it right.

You disagree that the pics on royalcheese are joeys? The small fly, back pocket rivets and strong taper make it pretty obvious that they are not the dictator cut, unless everybody else fucked up and only royalcheese got it right.

ah, right you are.

just got back from paris... the a77 store isnt open yet, but checked out noir kenedy and thjey have shit loads of a77s. about 50 different styles of jeans (joeys/dischords/costellos/etc.)

picked up a pair of black dischords

I'm going to August in Oakland to check out Joey Colordrives and (maybe) some Dischords. Are there any people who want me to check for them as well? They're on sale for pretty cheap (CDs at $75 or so) and if we PayPal right away, I could totally do pick ups for folks and send them out. Only a nominal fee, just to cover shipping costs. I know that Louisa's emptying out her entire April stock, so prices are pretty ridiculous, particularly if you're willing to take slightly damaged ones. (I got Dischords for $50 that I just needed a belt loop re-attached.) If interested, PM me, as I will be going in within the next day or two to check them out and maybe put them on hold.

hey everyone, i just purchased a pair of april 77 joey's in a black size 27, however on the auction the pair of pants was only labelled as "joey." is this an older model or are these the colordrives? i appreciate any information!

oh and for anyone searching www.rakuten.co.jp is full of april 77, as is yahoo auction. i hate to plug my proxy service here, but if you really want a pair i'm pretty sure they are available.

cheers.

hey everyone, i just purchased a pair of april 77 joey's in a black size 27, however on the auction the pair of pants was only labelled as "joey." is this an older model or are these the colordrives? i appreciate any information!

oh and for anyone searching www.rakuten.co.jp is full of april 77, as is yahoo auction. i hate to plug my proxy service here, but if you really want a pair i'm pretty sure they are available.

cheers.

If you're talking about the tag on the inside, mine says Joey Colordrive. If you're not, it's pretty easy to distinguish between the Colordrives and all their other dyes of black. The colordrives have a white weft, and thus get more of a raw black denim look to them, while every other variation of black A77 jean is overdye black.

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/APRIL+77/tskay/3FD17CD7/rr/1/cod10/420473591B/areaid/35/sts/searchResult

Upon further inspection, I discovered that the April's I had thought to be colordrives (or overdrives, really doesn't matter to me) were actually the limited edition "Gibson" model. I don't know if I want them anymore.....

the only difference between the gibson model and joey black overdrives is the pick holder and label. they read gibson. does your's read gibson instead of april 77?

did your's come in a guitar case?

why wouldn't you want them???

I was going to order them today. I clicked the picture and read the "GIBSON" label and decided otherwise. I'm not trying to walk around with the logo of a musical instrument brand hanging off my ass!

I guess it's not a big deal.... I'm just dumb when it comes to little things like that.

if they had a size 29 or 30 or even a fuckin 31 i'd buy them. they were like 500 bux or something when they first came out...but then again you ain't getting the case of certificate thingy. mabye you could resell on yahoo japan and make a little money (maybe, but yoox doesnt provide the set, right?)...

I have BNWT ColorDrive Grey 31

PM me if you want it $100

these are probably the worst size-labelled april 77s ever made. sizing is sooo fucking off. not your fault though...