April77

Astérix

Asterix, have you gotten a pair yet?

No...I'm waiting to see what HTC gets shipped in...they were supposed to come last Monday then got delayed till Friday...now it's Tuesday of the next week and nothing has arrived!

Are you going to get a different size, or did you decide against it?

I really did love the look and feel of them so I'll definitely be getting another pair! ;)

Think I'm gonna hold out for some 31's or even 32's though as the 29's were that tight.

How about you Bungee? Gonna be getting a bigger size?

Well I got my first pair of April 77s. I followed the advice of this thread and sized up 2 for a pair of grey colordrives.

Other than having to wear a belt they fit perfectly. I get a lot of stacking with the inseam on these and I think it is the perfect slimness.

Like others have said skintight jeans do not look good but I think sizing up one or two in these jeans to fit yourself in the leg creates an amazing look.

Like others have said skintight jeans do not look good but I think sizing up one or two in these jeans to fit yourself in the leg creates an amazing look.
Yeah, that's true, I think that does look pretty good.

also andrewisalord, I take your point.

This is pretty interesting...

Maybe it’s the flawless, skinny cut -- April 77’s jeans are rumored to rival those cut by fellow Frenchman (and designer with a fondness for rock n roll) Hedi Slimane, yet sell for much less ($145).

Eh i'm rather annoyed. I got mine yesterday and already one of the outside rivets on the back pockets have fallen off.. All I did was go to Uni, sit around, take one exam and have a bajillion smokos. Anyway I sized up 2 and it fits pretty well, though the sagging got pretty intense by the end of the night without a belt :P

Eh i'm rather annoyed. I got mine yesterday and already one of the outside rivets on the back pockets have fallen off.. All I did was go to Uni, sit around, take one exam and have a bajillion smokos. Anyway I sized up 2 and it fits pretty well, though the sagging got pretty intense by the end of the night without a belt :P

Which ones did you get?

Alright piccies

Sorry they're so shit, I can't find the energy to take decent shots after studying the whole day.

Front:

DSC02908.JPG

You can't exactly spot it, but theres wacky discolouration (I wouldn't call it fading here, exactly) where the creases form, on my 2nd day of wear. Those who wear it skin tight probably won't get this.

Back:

DSC02907.JPG

It sits pretty much on the apex of my hips, darn low - but not low enough to get the "ew, pubes" look.

Anyway for reference: I'm 172cm and 55kg. My legs arn't skinny, and sizing up 2 sizes worked out fine. But I'm almost certain in a few days these will need belts.

Maybe some better photos later. Cramming for criminal law is fking me up.

yeah, those look great. I only sized up one in the HiStandards and it wasn't enough. The waist definitely required a belt on first wearing and bunched a bit. I can't imagine going up another size for me without the waist just looking stupid.

What's the actual sizing and waist (flat-measusred) on those? My HiStandards were size 31 but measure around 17" across.

I'm around 150-155 lbs (69-70kg) and just over 6' (184cm). I'm not a big guy by any measure but I definitely don't have the right build for these jeans.

• 2 weeks later...

hey does opium ship to australia?

also looking at a pair of overdrives or grey colourdrives but really confused about sizing. wear a 30 in nudie thin finn (which fit really good) and a 28 in acne hug (but these are massive, they are tagged 28 but i swear they are at least a 31). also can fit into a 28 in julian red hobokens but way too tight, a 30 would probs fit perfect in them. what size would you recommend in the april 77s?