Astérix

April77

let me double check that info again for you ;)

either way they look fairly raw, you can see that they've got plenty of colour and a slight sheen.

19".

Uh oh, I think we may have a problem; I'm 6'3" so that inseam ain't gonna' cut it. Are all the inseams standard?

Man i'm 6'3" with long legs, the length was fine, a little bit of folding at the bottom. The length was far less of an issue than i thought it was going to be.

I'm a 30 inch waist in Julian Red and i tried on a 30 in a black Joey at Noir kennedy and the waist was far too big even though the legs were right, but theres no way i could have the back sticking out like that. I'm trying to get a 29, although i havn't tried them on yet.

Is anybody else finding that their Costellos don't taper quite enough? I think its just my legs, because they fade to a sparrow's bellow my knee.

I'm going to try and get the altered.. anybody know how easy/difficult it is to have a suit trouser slightly taken in and how much it might cost?

Thanks.

just got my Joey HiStandards in the mail today. I usually wear a 30 but sized up to 31.

Here's a couple bad pics.

mwr_A77HiStandards_a.jpg

mwr_A77HiStandards_b.jpg

Haven't decided if I'm keeping them yet or not. They taper so much in the calf that it's super-obvious that my gimpy right leg is smaller than the left... I don't necessarily shy away from skinny-fitting pants but I'm not sure this fit is particularly flattering. thoughts?

just got my Joey HiStandards in the mail today. I usually wear a 30 but sized up to 31.

mwr_A77HiStandards_a.jpg

mwr_A77HiStandards_b.jpg

Haven't decided if I'm keeping them yet or not. They taper so much in the calf that it's super-obvious that my gimpy right leg is smaller than the left... I don't necessarily shy away from skinny-fitting pants but I'm not sure this fit is particularly flattering. thoughts?

How did you want them to fit? I think they would look a little better, if they were sitting lower on your hips. Can you pull them any lower? They do fit like the Joeys are supposed to fit though, if that was the look you were going for. I think Joeys look good both ways. Tight like they are supposed to fit, and slouchy like cristeza wears his. Both look good IMO just different.

mwr_A77HiStandards_a.jpg

mwr_A77HiStandards_b.jpg

those jeans don't flatter you whatsoever, and your gimpy right leg is super obvious, get rid of them

colourdrives2kp9.jpg

Sorry about the crappy picture, had to get my new colourdrives up though, they are unreal i love them! :D

so does anyone here live in france and can get me stuff from noir kennedy? i'm still looking for a pair of blue dischords...

I don't know why you guys like these jeans. They look terrible on nearly everyone, including the models on the website -- the only people I've seen them look decent on are chris (who has a rather unique physique) and women.

ta minya :[
Haha, well, they look fine on you but since it's only the crotch/upper thigh I can't say for sure. It's the lower legs/calves that just look awful on everyone, except for chris.

Mine fit like that chris's just maybe slightly tighter but only a little, they stack nicely too. Couldn't fit much better, best jeans iv ever slipped into, on the look out for some dischords in blue or black 29" waste maybe if anyones selling some :]

colourdrives2kp9.jpg

Sorry about the crappy picture, had to get my new colourdrives up though, they are unreal i love them! :D

Do you have any full length pics?

Haha, well, they look fine on you but since it's only the crotch/upper thigh I can't say for sure. It's the lower legs/calves that just look awful on everyone, except for chris.

Out of curiosity what specifically don't you like about the lower legs/calves? Just how skinny they make the lower legs/calves look?

Out of curiosity what specifically don't you like about the lower legs/calves? Just how skinny they make the lower legs/calves look?
Yeah, I really don't think skintight denim on the lower legs look good. I think if you're gonna wear really tight jeans a stacked look is best. That's what I like what about the tapered Dior jeans.

April 77s really make a lot of guys look like girls, in my opinion. It just looks weird.

those jeans don't flatter you whatsoever, and your gimpy right leg is super obvious, get rid of them

Thanks for the honesty. Just needed confirmation of my initial reaction. Very nice jeans but they aint for me (obviously). I'll be posting in supermarket shortly for anyone that wants them ($135 shipped, $125 for pick-up in NYC).

I kind of agree, think you've really got to size up for a decent fit.

You mean youv gotta get a size to get over your killer thighs dav.. and thats why i just picked up your ones :D xxxx

the key to looking good in these jeans is buying them in your correct size. and not having fat calves.

and what i mean by "correct", is buying them according to the size of your legs, and not your waist.

the key to looking good in these jeans is buying them in your correct size. and not having fat calves.

and what i mean by "correct", is buying them according to the size of your legs, and not your waist.

I agree. I think that is how you have to buy these jeans.

colourdrivesdigicampicsu0.jpg

colourdrivesdigicampic3qv1.jpg

colourdrivesdigicampic4tm7.jpg

Hope the pictures are okay, tried to resize them to a sensible degree, opinion guys?

I like them. What size did you get, and how many did you size up from your normal size?

These pants come from a rock n roll / punk background, if that doesnt describe your style, you probably shouldn't be buying them.

With what Minya was saying, I can understand you dont like the april 77 design aesthetic, but that is the way the clothes are meant to be worn. I agree some people can not pull it off, but it does not discount the look entirely. Its suits some not others.

You don't like Cristeza's fit? I think it is quite exceptional...