April77

Astérix

19".

Uh oh, I think we may have a problem; I'm 6'3" so that inseam ain't gonna' cut it. Are all the inseams standard?

Man i'm 6'3" with long legs, the length was fine, a little bit of folding at the bottom. The length was far less of an issue than i thought it was going to be.

I'm a 30 inch waist in Julian Red and i tried on a 30 in a black Joey at Noir kennedy and the waist was far too big even though the legs were right, but theres no way i could have the back sticking out like that. I'm trying to get a 29, although i havn't tried them on yet.

Is anybody else finding that their Costellos don't taper quite enough? I think its just my legs, because they fade to a sparrow's bellow my knee.

I'm going to try and get the altered.. anybody know how easy/difficult it is to have a suit trouser slightly taken in and how much it might cost?

Thanks.

just got my Joey HiStandards in the mail today. I usually wear a 30 but sized up to 31.

Here's a couple bad pics.

mwr_A77HiStandards_a.jpg

mwr_A77HiStandards_b.jpg

Haven't decided if I'm keeping them yet or not. They taper so much in the calf that it's super-obvious that my gimpy right leg is smaller than the left... I don't necessarily shy away from skinny-fitting pants but I'm not sure this fit is particularly flattering. thoughts?

just got my Joey HiStandards in the mail today. I usually wear a 30 but sized up to 31.

mwr_A77HiStandards_a.jpg

mwr_A77HiStandards_b.jpg

Haven't decided if I'm keeping them yet or not. They taper so much in the calf that it's super-obvious that my gimpy right leg is smaller than the left... I don't necessarily shy away from skinny-fitting pants but I'm not sure this fit is particularly flattering. thoughts?

How did you want them to fit? I think they would look a little better, if they were sitting lower on your hips. Can you pull them any lower? They do fit like the Joeys are supposed to fit though, if that was the look you were going for. I think Joeys look good both ways. Tight like they are supposed to fit, and slouchy like cristeza wears his. Both look good IMO just different.

mwr_A77HiStandards_a.jpg

mwr_A77HiStandards_b.jpg

those jeans don't flatter you whatsoever, and your gimpy right leg is super obvious, get rid of them

Haha, well, they look fine on you but since it's only the crotch/upper thigh I can't say for sure. It's the lower legs/calves that just look awful on everyone, except for chris.

Out of curiosity what specifically don't you like about the lower legs/calves? Just how skinny they make the lower legs/calves look?

Out of curiosity what specifically don't you like about the lower legs/calves? Just how skinny they make the lower legs/calves look?
Yeah, I really don't think skintight denim on the lower legs look good. I think if you're gonna wear really tight jeans a stacked look is best. That's what I like what about the tapered Dior jeans.

April 77s really make a lot of guys look like girls, in my opinion. It just looks weird.

those jeans don't flatter you whatsoever, and your gimpy right leg is super obvious, get rid of them

Thanks for the honesty. Just needed confirmation of my initial reaction. Very nice jeans but they aint for me (obviously). I'll be posting in supermarket shortly for anyone that wants them ($135 shipped, $125 for pick-up in NYC).

These pants come from a rock n roll / punk background, if that doesnt describe your style, you probably shouldn't be buying them.

With what Minya was saying, I can understand you dont like the april 77 design aesthetic, but that is the way the clothes are meant to be worn. I agree some people can not pull it off, but it does not discount the look entirely. Its suits some not others.

Haha, well, they look fine on you but since it's only the crotch/upper thigh I can't say for sure. It's the lower legs/calves that just look awful on everyone, except for chris.

You don't like Cristeza's fit? I think it is quite exceptional...