April77

Astérix

Guest Airjamie
i just ordered the joeys in the overdrive and dischord. i also got a pair of the colordrives in grey. i'll post pics as soon as get my ass in them.

Who did you order your color drives from? Are they still a raw denim? Meaning is the waist going to be tighter on them than on the raws.

Oh and april 77 is finally up on the seven site

http://www.sevennewyork.com/designerpages/apxx/april.html

Price is a little steep.

finally got to try these on at American Rag....the size 30 fit me perfect at the waist but holy shit the legs were TIGHT, even on my skinny legs. I like my jeans really slim (thin finn is my fave cut) but these were a bit too skinny for me. But I can see doods going apeshit over them, I'm still debating going back and getting them.

i just got a new pair of pixel 2's. my second pair of april 77's. i've been wearing a pair of sinner's for 7 months and love them. the pixel's fit like a dream, but are a tad bit too long. usually i like a 32in inseam, but these are 36. is tailoring a problem with the cut of these? they sort of have a weird slant and curve that i dont want to mess with. to tailor or not to tailor?

i just got a new pair of pixel 2's. my second pair of april 77's. i've been wearing a pair of sinner's for 7 months and love them. the pixel's fit like a dream, but are a tad bit too long. usually i like a 32in inseam, but these are 36. is tailoring a problem with the cut of these? they sort of have a weird slant and curve that i dont want to mess with. to tailor or not to tailor?

dont hem them.

i wish they didnt discontinue the pixel. i think they fit better than the joey.

The Costello Division is 100% cotton. This is my favorite pant from the fall April 77 line. Everyone is making skinny jeans now but I never see skinny trousers. These things are really versatile as well. They can be worn easily day to day and then can be dressed up at night.

Scott, you wouldn't happen to have pictures of the Costello's would you? Also, have you received any more of the black Joey Dischords in size 31 or 32?

Thanks!

I will work on getting some Costello pics up... you can see them on the April 77 website under fall mens (its a pdf file)... the Costello is toward the bottom and they show it in Beige.

Price is $150 shipped worldwide. The actual cost on the Costello is $20 more from April 77 than on the Joey. The construction on the Costello is better than on their jeans. I have the Costello in Beige and Navy.

By any chance you have the Costello in black and black dischord in a W31/32?

Guest Fade to Black

Oh and april 77 is finally up on the seven site

http://www.sevennewyork.com/designerpages/apxx/april.html

Price is a little steep.

Got damn the fit on those jeans looks drop dead fucking gorgeous on the woman's (that specific one) legs, esp. with those shoes. I'm geekin over here...

They look like some tight ass jeans for guys to wear though...for that price range I would probably go with an APC instead.

edit: i just saw the first couple pages of this thread and i take back what i said...there seems to be a greater variety of interesting treatments/styles on this brand, for the price it definitely seems like a good investment. Are the raw denims selvedge? Not that it's important, just curious as i'm probably not pickin them up anyway...

Ok...You litterally have to have sticks for legs or size up for them to not be stuck on. FTB, they aren't selvage, but they do all sorts of wild stuff, like zebra print jeans and what not. You should check out the blazers and stuff, very DH styled. I am thinking of picking up this tie, it is 1/2 the price of the DH tie and looks just as nice! All there stuff is made in Paris, I am pretty sure.

Tie

can't be bothered to quote ppl, but to answer a few questions:

overdrives (raw denim) are not selvedge.

colourdrives (grey) felt like stretchy, thin denim. fits tighter than overdrives, but not as tight as hi-standards (washed black denim, also with elasthan) - noone has really mentioned hi-standards so may be it's from a previous season.

i removed the backpocket tag on my overdrives and colour is entirely consistent. wary of doing the same for the hi-standards, however.

also tried on costellos. nice fit: higher rise than the denim stuff and not as skinny. these come in european sizing (44, 46 etc.) seem to remember they were $20-30 more than the overdrives. might go back for these.

also promptly lost the pick from my overdrives the day after i got them...

Guest Airjamie

Just to let you guys know, i ordered from opium. Customer service was great and leon was nice as could be. Should be here by the end of the week. will post pics and whatnot as soon as i get them.

dischord.JPG

i got my navy dischords today, in a size 28, and was pissed to find out that they were huge (and that apparently i am in between sizes). this is bizarre, and ridiculous, because i literally look like a stuffed sausage in my black size 27's. the 28's should have been perfect.

upon further inspection, and measuring, i realized that the navy dischords are at least an inch bigger at the waist, and thigh, and are at least half an inch bigger at the knee and down. there are other differences too. they're shorter, and the hem is wider for some reason? the inside tags have a different font, and the texture is much less corduroy-esque.

dischord3.JPG

i dont know if these are from an older/newer batch, or if the navy ones just run bigger (and are much less skinny), and somehow, fit COMPLETELY different than the black ones?

dischord2.JPG

dischord4.JPG

the black dischords were purchased from scott at htc, i think from an older stock (he only had a few left). and the navy ones were purchased from riley james in san francisco. i dont get why they're so different? and i also dont get why mine look nothing like asuzano's (which were also purchased from htc)?

april77fit2.jpg

his look much skinnier than mine, and are a much brighter shade of blue, whereas mine are navy, almost black?

i'm also extremely interested in the costello's now, i've been looking for some skinny trousers for a long time, but not completely too dressy.. something in the middle.

i also am loving the black dischords, but how do they stretch out?

i used to have some skinny cords and they stretched out to the point where they fell off my body when i walked.

corduroy stretches differently than denim, so how do these hold up after a while?

i would love to get both colors in dischords and the costellos.

glamroots, do you still have them in store? if so, i can go on friday to try all this stuff on.