J.W. Anderson men's S/S 14 - London

bill

• 1 month later...

Def my new favorite designer. I appreciate the contrast between his womens and mens line this season, so much potential.

Hm... English is not my mother tongue, but I thought that "contrast" stands for "difference" while this "mens" line looks like shit more like womens... Imho, of course. His early collections were great (even though he stole ideas)

Fuck, how could someone who was doing this:

Evolve into this:

?!

haha, i'll admit that halter tops and ruffles on men do absolutely nothing for me, but i'm grateful for this turn if only for what he's done with his womenswear since 2011

every single season has left me impressed if not blown away, and there are very few designers i can say that about lately

Hm... English is not my mother tongue, but I thought that "contrast" stands for "difference" while this "mens" line looks like shit more like womens... Imho, of course. His early collections were great (even though he stole ideas)

I wasn't concerned with the gender of his styles. I think I meant the difference between the textures and overall points of focus. Compare the flat and geometric in the mens line with the textured, ruffled of the womens. Sometimes there is similarity regardless, as in the simplicity of the second photo:

coJQVAA.jpg

KrkP1ea.jpg

Edited by Autarch