diniro got robbed

diniro

I'm sure the dude broke in. That's why I'm fishing hard for his identity. My neighbor told the police she saw at least one black male. I'm pretty sure they're working together. He's with her everyday from what I can see but never uses the laptop.

Don't they know where you live? As amusing as this is I'd be careful dude. 

Edited by jonny

tbh it sounds too good to be true, with all the snowden leaks and all the shitstorm caused by the NSA im too paranoid to even install such app, if you can see the camera when stolen what stops someone else from watching yours without noticing, also if it acts a gps youre getting tracked. its a double edged sword

wow dude you dun goofd :(

My first impression, too, as an outsider. However, if I was the one directly involved I think I would have caved a long time ago. Like diniro said, that's a lot of time and mental strain and two wrongs…blah blah blah. 

However, if you thought you were going to bail and come clean, it probably would have been wise not to jump in at all because, like someone previously mentioned, you have now given yourself up and now you have to substitute the guilt you felt for messing with her with the possibility that there may be retribution coming your way for exposing her the way you did. (Especially to her direct fam.)

I'd start looking for another place of residence a.s.a.p. just for peace of mind. 

Or, you could just pick up a nino and start being bout dat life. 

Hail Mary. 

Edited by TresUnCool

Great thread.

The problem with using renter's insurance is that if you make a claim, you will most likely be uninsurable with renter's for ~3 years with major insurance companies if you do move out of state. I made a pretty big claim a couple years ago and couldn't get insured with big companies e.g. all state. Guessing your deductible is 500? I hope you just didn't make a claim with one stolen laptop. It would have been to your advantage if the claim amount is < 1000ish.

On a related note, renter's insurance is like 50-100 bucks per year. Even if you don't own a car and need no insurance, you guys seriously need to get it. I got an iMac and a bunch of other stuff including some jawnz stolen but the insurance company reimbursed me immediately.

The person who got a hold of my iMac (or bought the item from the thief) was trying to reformat my hard drive but couldn't because she didn't know my admin password. She e-mailed me asking for the password. She had a signature at the end of the e-mail. The sig had a link to some business she operated. I had my serial number registered with Apple and also had the original receipt. I turned the e-mail exchange and the serial number to my detective. Next day, the police got a warrant and confiscated the computer. I just pressed charges and didn't claim the PC from the police. In summary, it's just easier to let the police handle these types of situation. They are usually pretty helpful. Then again, I lived in an area with a low crime rate and the police being bored all the time. 

Edited by herpsky

We had homeowners insurance. They valued one tv at $1100, another at $700, and the laptop at $450. Also the door/door frame another $200, which went toward the $500 deductible. They're cutting us a check about a third of the total amount, and we'll get another check once we send in the receipts if/when we get the items replaced.

However, if you thought you were going to bail and come clean, it probably would have been wise not to jump in at all because, like someone previously mentioned, you have now given yourself up and now you have to substitute the guilt you felt for messing with her with the possibility that there may be retribution coming your way for exposing her the way you did. (Especially to her direct fam.)

I'd start looking for another place of residence a.s.a.p. just for peace of mind. 

Or, you could just pick up a nino and start being bout dat life. 

Hail Mary. 

At this point I'm not worried about that at all. I have doubts about this girl's knowledge of the burglarized house. 

I would think that her admitting to holding the computer for a friend, which is stolen property, makes her a accessory. You might have goofed up in contacting her, but I do not think that the conversation could hurt your situation. 

And FUCK that compassion vibe about some kid watching cartoons, this is your property and it was stolen. If you want to "donate" a computer to someone less fortunate, choose a kid or family which is not fucked up and has a history of theft.

Even if she claim she didn't know it was stolen? I most likely could have gotten the laptop back if I went about it a different way but I'm not sure if this girl would get hit with anything. I'm over it anyhow.

Fuck this thread right up the ass. Such a crap ending, they know where you live and you basically came clean with following them and tracking their shit. I would thinking about moving if I were you, and re-evaluate how you handle future situations like these. Hopefully nothing comes up this and you get your insurance check, after all you were wronged. 

If you give up, you won't get shit. You have more than enough proof to get what you what's yours back, and after all this effort to just cop out and say you are over it, makes this thread a waste of time to have read. Get your computer back bro.

Also, fuck that noise about moving, they don't know what you look like and people are not going to try a rerun of a situation, which if you continue to handle correctly or persistently, will end up in your favor. 

Last point: she took stolen property, held it, her knowledge of it is neither here or there.

Don't give up, get your shit back, and give this thread a less ponce ending please.

This is not the ending we all want or were hoping for, but it’s an ending I’m at peace with.

but is this thread better than the visvim backpack?

Just stay safe diniro and don't do anything stupid.

Edited by wahwho11

If you give up, you won't get shit. You have more than enough proof to get what you what's yours back, and after all this effort to just cop out and say you are over it, makes this thread a waste of time to have read. Get your computer back bro.

Also, fuck that noise about moving, they don't know what you look like and people are not going to try a rerun of a situation, which if you continue to handle correctly or persistently, will end up in your favor. 

Last point: she took stolen property, held it, her knowledge of it is neither here or there.

Don't give up, get your shit back, and give this thread a less ponce ending please.

What do you want me to do exactly? Unless I get another report from Prey, the laptop is most likely gone. The TVs were most likely gone long before that. She's not smart enough to reformat the laptop and she's not dumb enough to hold onto it. I bluffed and told her I got her location from GPS coordinates. She's lucky she tethered to get online so Prey couldn't pick up her location, or else this story would have been over in a couple of days. You dudes telling me to move watch too much tv. These people are burglars and small time dope peddlers, not killers. This girl is more worried about me posting pics of her getting ate out than me worried about any of that shit.

Edited by diniro

Not that you need reassurance from a random off the internet, but I feel you did the right thing. Two wrongs don't make a right etc. and karma will work its way around sooner or later.

Presuming you've handed over all the information you have to the police? Leave it with them, if they bother to pursue it, then that's an added bonus, if not...

I think this will ultimately be the right decision. It’s a big relief off my chest and I’m glad it’s over with. My head went to some dark places I don’t want to revisit, while thinking about revenge. I pretty much put my life on hold to track this laptop. Gym days were missed. A couple of nights I didn’t eat dinner until 10 p.m. However, it’s been a lot of fun documenting this on sufu. I was equally incredulous and amused as you guys. It’s been over 60 hours since the last Prey report, and I doubt we’ll see another one. The good news is the insurance claim closed today and they’re sending us a check. This is not the ending we all want or were hoping for, but it’s an ending I’m at peace with.

I cannot feel it, what you've been through, but at least you're not hurt, and no one was, at least the insurance is gonna check you out so it's pretty cool atm. Thanks for the report, I missed the beginning but just caught up and what you did is an amazing mount of work, I put Prey on both mb and iphone just in case, not to do the same as you did I wouldnt be able to do it i think but just in case. 

Nice self-control by letting this shit go even tho you could go further to hurt her/thieves, I am impressed, honestly I don't know if many people would be able to handle themselves by quitting the shit at the right time.