diniro got robbed

diniro

I was in this exact scenario 2 years ago. I had prey installed on my macbook, got a bunch of pictures, personal info, GPS location, etc but the police didn't make a move. Eventually the thief sold the computer on craigslist, I emailed the buyer, and she turned it into the police.

The police later told me that I was hasty in interfering because they had subpoenaed the thief's IP address and knew of the buyer, so going vigilante may or may not be your best course of action. Either way good luck.

Most of the time the police arent going to do their job.  We use computrace at work, we would send the police the theft reports and nothing would happen, we even have a former cop on our physical security team who made the reports.  Thankfully computrace has an escalation process if the police wont do anything and eventually they will send their own team of armed former cops to recover the laptops.  Had 10 stolen all at once.  Was able to recover 6, the other 4 made it to the Domincan republic, those we got cash compensation for.  Just looked at prey pro, wtf how is it more expensive than computrace and doesnt have a recovery guarantee.

Just got off phone with the detective. He gave me his direct # and said he'll look her up. Dude sounds real helpful.

On the facebook front, the bf/fiance is now trying to holler at me and I'm trying to get him to send a pic. I gave him a google voice # but they can't receive pic messages unfortunately. Any ideas?

Just got off phone with the detective. He gave me his direct # and said he'll look her up. Dude sounds real helpful.

On the facebook front, the bf/fiance is now trying to holler at me and I'm trying to get him to send a pic. I gave him a google voice # but they can't receive pic messages unfortunately. Any ideas?

Are you sure? I received an MMS to my Google Voice number just last week and the image went to my email inbox rater than voice.google.com.