___ METAL SAVED MY LIFE!

hamburglar

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello black metalheads into photography, looking for the originator of these images and where I can acquire quality prints, don't need to be limited series but I don't want shitty second-hand stuff as it is for framing.

Famous Mayhem pic blablabla, who took the picture? Fucking black metal pinterest/blogs don't give a fuck about giving credit to anyone but Satan so I dunno who the photographer is.

9dsZgZh.jpg

This one appears in the documentary "until the light takes us" but is in the expo by Bjarne Melgaard, not sure he actually took it as I'm not even sure he was around the scene when Dead was alive. I'm looking for the original photographer.

87FzlqI.jpg

Also interested in good photography books about the topic, I only know of Peter Beste's True Norwegian black metal:

As far as I know, second-wave black metal stuff didn't really have any Edward Colver or BJ Papas figures, it was really just friends taking the pictures who never really amounted to anything

That Peter Beste photobook is neat tho, I want to grab his new one on Houston Rap that comes with the DJ Screw record

As far as I know, second-wave black metal stuff didn't really have any Edward Colver or BJ Papas figures, it was really just friends taking the pictures who never really amounted to anything

That Peter Beste photobook is neat tho, I want to grab his new one on Houston Rap that comes with the DJ Screw record

First just seems like it was some attempt at record art (by the band?), you can find it in colour and b&w on the band's website so I know it is a longshot but maybe they kept the negative and prints are on sale somewhere.

colour:

Y1qPspW.jpg

The second seems to come from a series that is obviously extremely amateurish but I dunno,even though there's some shit in the frame, it has some sharper quality that makes it look sorta fake DIY pro, probably random luck though I mean look at this:

LVlMmXi.jpg

Yeah I have the black metal book, thinking about the Houston rap one...

First just seems like it was some attempt at record art (by the band?), you can find it in colour and b&w on the band's website so I know it is a longshot but maybe they kept the negative and prints are on sale somewhere.

The second seems to come from a series that is obviously extremely amateurish but I dunno,even though there's some shit in the frame, it has some sharper quality that makes it look sorta fake DIY pro, probably random luck though I mean look at this:

Yeah I have the black metal book, thinking about the Houston rap one...

I actually think a lot of them were shot on disposable cameras (e.g Euronymous' shooting Dead's suicide), but best of luck finding someone with the original negatives

I'm sure Houston Rap would be worth it, I have another book from Sinecure, the one about American private-press records, and it's pretty great - the exhibition catalogues from Kugelberg's solo imprint, Boo Hooray look great as well, and they're on Jack Smith, Crass and Angus Maclise!

Edited by frasier oiseau

• 2 weeks later...