Denim Experiment

Chicken

Guest jeffvyain

still waiting on mine. ahhhhh living in nashville has its perks...just not a quick mail system. or nice weather. or good shopping. or just about anything else.

i need to move.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denim contest people:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=210464#post210464

Please :) . I'm just curious.

So far...

jeffvyain - Nashville, TN

digital_denim - SF

ko - Eugene, OR

vee - SF

cmf - Jacksonville, FL

emaze - NYC

polishmike -Jersey City, NJ

the black arm - Oakland, CA

2000dB - Tokyo?

Am I right?

How about the rest of you guys and Beatle :)? I think there was another girl that bought it just to buy it?

Just thought I'd help 2000dB on compiling profiles for making the site. Is the ETA still the 20th? ;)

adsurgo - edison, nj

hey when everyone gets their denim in.... post ur denim number and state location?

If I'm reading things right, everyone is planning on soaking their denim before this experiment. I thought the usual idea was to hold off as long as possible on getting raw denim wet? I can understand if a few people were planning to soak to correct the fit, but surely that isn't necessary for everyone?

Sorry to 'jack the thread, but I'm curious and this didn't seem worth a whole new thread.

Ohh young grasshoppa....

Alot of denim is non-sanforized, this means it needs to be "shrunk-to-fit." So, if you order a size 32, they could measure 34, and then shrink down 8% or whatever the number is.

This said, I am not sure if these jeans are tagged true to size pre or post shrinkage. All jeans I have (and I think the vast majority) are tagged to the post-shrinkage size.

I suggest you spend some time reading the denim encyclopedia stickied at the top of this forum. Lots of great info...

***TIP beat me to it apparently.

I just got mine today and sure enough my camera ran out of batteries as soon as I turned it on. Oh and I'm not sure if i got a fluky one, but mine measure pretty close to true. They're gonna be DAMN tight after a wash.

I got love potion #9 and I currently reside in Pittsburgh.

I'm #15 in Philly.

I got these today at the post office (according to USPS.com they've been sitting there since yesterday)

These are pretty tiny in the waist. I laid them on top of my 34" SD103s and the 103s are washed and are 2" BIGGER than the SO500XXs which sort of freaked me out. I got them on fine tho. They're a little higher waisted than the 103s (which ride right at the top of my ass) and they actually bow out a little in the back when I sit in them right now, so they should be perfect after a soak. I just hope the legs get a little narrower otherwise I'll have to get them taken in so they don't swallow my shoes

Guest jeffvyain

okay, so mine came in today. tagged 29...not sure what they measure but they barely fit around me, which means they are probably pretty damn close to a 29... i'm scared to soak them. the rest of the jeans fit great and will shrink down right to where i want them, but i'm very fearful about the waist. from someone who doesn't want a 29 in these, do you think i should stick with them? i got them buttoned but it wasn't east. my s5000vx only shrank about an inch in the waist. i'd be fine soaking them in the tub, but i'd feel a lot better throwing them in the washing machine and making sure they didn't shrink any more. hmmmmmmm. thoughts? oh and by the way. these are number 27

Guest jeffvyain
Remember that you can control shrinkage by wearing them whilst wet. And further, they will stretch plenty in a year.

yea i know i can... but i still plan(ned) on washing these a decent amount. maybe once every month or 2, as I definitely am going to have to be pretty active in them (if i plan on winning). my apc's (size 28) got so stretched that they didn't even shrink back down to the size that i bought them at when i washed those. i wonder if i could do that with these...

i love how they fit. i have around an inch to work with so i don't mind them to shrink. they feel great now but they are still very stiff. i will have to hem them around 4" maybe a little less depending on how they will come out after the soak. here is another picture.

Damn, that denim looks awesome :) Soooooooo tempted. Anyone know how often Samurai releases LE? Maybe I'll hop on the next release.

I got mine today. Lot no. 3. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The waist fits perfect but it's pretty baggy in the seat.thigh so I'm thinking a soak is definitely required. Once that's finished I'll think about the hem, cuz these suckers are LONG. I would post more, but I'm going to tonight's hockey game.

As for hemming... its really gonna depend on how much they shrink. If they shrink down to a 34, I'll probably just cuff 'em. I'm hoping the thigh and seat shrinks down a bit, but I'm actually going to put a hanger or something stiff in the waist to make sure it doesn't shrink there. Its seriously tight already.

fuck

so the address at my office is not recognised by the usps. you know what that means? these bad boys are on thier way back to japan right now.

fuck

so i may not even make the nov.1st soak. oh well. proper address is in the hands of the proper people, so hopefully i will have them soon.