Denim Experiment

Chicken

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jeffvyain

if people are going to soak, they might as well go ahead and do it and then tell us how much they shrunk. cuz if there's no hope for them fitting, i'd like to know ahead of time and sell them before i soak them.

judging from past experience, however, i would guess they should shrink about an inch in the waist.

holy shit, I just got home and mine were here wating for me... I've never felt anything so stiff, and slubby. They are awesome. I tried them on to see how they fit and no trouble buttoning them, although they were snugger than I thought they would be pre-shrink. Probably about as tight in the waist as my RB11's

Both the rb11's and these are 28's and fit the same, niether have seen water yet.

These are way too long, no way I can do the 36" inseam, I'm like a 30". After soak, wondering how much I should hem them...maybe up to 32" ? I don't know, we'll see how it goes.

I'm waiting until Nov. 1 because beatle said so.

I'm not involved in the contest, but I'd really like to see a close up of the denim if anyone who's already received their's would be willing??

sneak,

my pics suck, but just for you. i'm sure the other contestants have way better pics!

271891264_656b9ad58d.jpg

271891262_041d80925e.jpg

sorry so dark

271891267_03f34db9ac.jpg

Denim contest people:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=210464#post210464

Please :) . I'm just curious.

So far...

jeffvyain - Nashville, TN

digital_denim - SF

ko - Eugene, OR

vee - SF

cmf - Jacksonville, FL

emaze - NYC

polishmike -Jersey City, NJ

the black arm - Oakland, CA

2000dB - Tokyo?

Am I right?

How about the rest of you guys and Beatle :)? I think there was another girl that bought it just to buy it?

Just thought I'd help 2000dB on compiling profiles for making the site. Is the ETA still the 20th? ;)

winq: btw the letter basically says

winq: ty for buying these jeans, blahblah these are good jeans

winq: nothing pertaining to the contest or anything

me: k

winq: just general info on the s0500

Ahh scat! You all have yours already! According to the shipping site, mine are somewhere in the UK now! Should only be another day or so till I get them!

I gotta wear in my edwins as much as possible, theyre gonna get neglected for quite a while!

Whats the word on the website?

I don't speak Japanese but a nice lady I know does. Her very brief translation of the enclosed letter (scanned above) is that it's a sort of disclaimer. "We make these denims on old looms, so the colour and feel is uneven."

Basically "they're supposed to look like they do, OK." :-)

ah I went to my post office yesterday evening and they made me wait 30mins & then told me to come back tomorrow... ! so now I'm here at work just itching to get home.

ahhh!