Denim Experiment

Chicken

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a fucking scandal I tell ya. Samuraigate!

yeah this is kind of offputting.

i really hope you didnt pay $5000 for those.

this is getting crazy.

someone might want to set some kind of guidelines before nov 1st rolls around.

just so things dont get out of hand.

i.e."its been two months and im broke. does someone else want to finish wearing these"

what exactly would it take to be disqualified?

and how is that website coming btw?

Okay - I guess the guy was kidding....5 Grand just does'nt make sense..unless he's Bill Gates...

I really believe that in case the Jeans don't fit at all, they should be sold, but I don't like for this contest to turn into an auction...

So I am considering taking the ppl who are selling their Sammies off the list...Meaning - who buys them - have fun - but you're not in the contest....

What do you think ?

that would be unfair in my eyes. Im sure the people that sold theirs did not intended to sell their samurais once they entered, and the people that bought from the sellers, might have bought them specificly for the contest (if they pay more then retail)

but im only a spectator to this contest so i have no real opinion eh!

One of the reasons I bought them is so I could be in the contest, so now I'm not allowed in? I have the jeans. They're going to fit. I'm following the rules and it's not even November 1st, and it was actually a pretty reasonable price. The 5k was a joke. I mean, the silver content in the selvedge definitely is worth a thousand or so US Dollars, but not five. I'm not compltely ridiculous!

Took a while, but I got em. Im lucky Lot # 9 13! They were shipped on the 13th and im number 13. Fate. Fact. Good luck suckers, I got a higher power on my side.

As for the contest rules, I think that whoever has the limited numbered jeans should be in. Its the progression of the jeans were after, whoever wears em doesnt matter.

Whats the matter Beatle... trying to better your chances of winning? hehehe, joke.

After seeing these babies, I just want to say Thank you again to Beatle for organizing this and allowing us to get them for such a low price! (aside from 386, that is, haha)

I think I speak for all of us when I say "WE LOVE YOU BEATLE!"

One of the reasons I bought them is so I could be in the contest, so now I'm not allowed in? I have the jeans. They're going to fit. I'm following the rules and it's not even November 1st, and it was actually a pretty reasonable price. The 5k was a joke. I mean, the silver content in the selvedge definitely is worth a thousand or so US Dollars, but not five. I'm not compltely ridiculous!

i don't know how anyone actually thought you paid 5k for em. morons....

welcome aboard.

For me it's fine to switch wearers until the contest starts. I think the wearer should be the same person during the contest period though, for example, I don't think it's okay if someone wears them for like four months and then sells them and the buyer takes over and wears them the rest eight months.. but hey, thats how i feel.

And yes, thanks Beatle for organizing this! :D

Guest jeffvyain

i don't think there's anything wrong with switching. i had every intention of staying in the contest beforehand, but the waist on those were tight as all hell pre-soak, and the fit wasn't different enough from my s5000vx to deal with that. this isn't some scheme to make money off of people who don't jump on opportunities, and yea, it was nowhere near 5 grand, or 1 grand, or 500.... no need to freak. this is just one of those things that happens when you buy jeans online. sometimes they don't fit. i honestly thought about just waiting for BIG to get some 505s in and email them and see if i could trade them out, but this was easier. 386 payed immediately and came and picked them up from my house that night. public apology to cameland, but as it's been said many a time in this thread, all's fair in love and denim contests.

hope you liked the rhodes, 386...i don't think you turned around to see the '57 gibson hanging on the wall. you probably would've liked that.

i don't think there's anything wrong with switching. i had every intention of staying in the contest beforehand, but the waist on those were tight as all hell pre-soak, and the fit wasn't different enough from my s5000vx to deal with that. this isn't some scheme to make money off of people who don't jump on opportunities, and yea, it was nowhere near 5 grand, or 1 grand, or 500.... no need to freak. this is just one of those things that happens when you buy jeans online. sometimes they don't fit. i honestly thought about just waiting for BIG to get some 505s in and email them and see if i could trade them out, but this was easier. 386 payed immediately and came and picked them up from my house that night. public apology to cameland, but as it's been said many a time in this thread, all's fair in love and denim contests.

hope you liked the rhodes, 386...i don't think you turned around to see the '57 gibson hanging on the wall. you probably would've liked that.

stop explaining yrself. whats done is done. people won't even remember this fiasco in 10 days

Few things:

Selvedge line is silver metallic.

These jeans are about 31" waist presoak.

Lek - are you in the contest? I think they only do inverted A (which I think is cooler) if you are in the contest. They are special ones we got. Specially numbered (lot #9) and no inverted A.

They are really slim too. The hem is pretty small, about 8.5 inches across, or 22cm. Im hoping around 20 cm post soak. Man this is going to be AWESOME!