Denim Experiment

Chicken

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you measured the back of the waistband, right? that doesn't give the circumference. I'm sure they're at least 1" bigger than tagged.

anyone wanna sell a 29?

hjj,

i buttoned the top button & laid it flat on its side & measured it that way. should i have not buttoned & just lay it flat on its side to measure? if i did it wrong, i'll find out very soon!

You're supposed to lay them flat on their back (or butt), and measure the back waistband. Take that measurement and multiply by 2. Reason being is that the front waistband sits lower than the back and the back sits at your intended waist.

that's how you're not supposed to do.

vee, you did it right, but I'm still surprised that you only got 28".

You're supposed to lay them flat on their back (or butt), and measure the back waistband. Take that measurement and multiply by 2. Reason being is that the front waistband sits lower than the back and the back sits at your intended waist.

The Samurai site shows to measure the inside circumference to get the waist size - run the tape measure along the inside of the waist band. Good luck to all contestants. I'm looking forward to following the contest.

so did we ever finalize the guide lines/rules...? or is it pretty much anything goes...natural wear/starching/sanding...etc...etc.?

Guest jeffvyain

i think it was pretty much anything goes except for unnatural wear (ie sanding). i think starching is legal, though judging from experience, it will not necessarily result in a better fade. i'm going without and just beating the shit out of them (if i can fit into mine)...might have a 29 for somebody if they end up measuring 29 pre-soak.

i think it was pretty much anything goes except for unnatural wear (ie sanding). i think starching is legal, though judging from experience, it will not necessarily result in a better fade. i'm going without and just beating the shit out of them (if i can fit into mine)...might have a 29 for somebody if they end up measuring 29 pre-soak.

might be interested then!

Guest jeffvyain

very true...probably would make for a more interesting contest anyway. I think we here at SF have a hard time getting fooled by sanding. it's pretty obvious, and i don't think there are many people here that would pay 200+ dollars for their jeans to be in this contest only just to sand them and then get called out for it.

amazing how people who are actually in the contest and don't read this thread. November 1st is the official start day. Soaking is done on Nov 1st with your local newspaper (not for anal reasons, just be a great shot to see all the denim being soaked and the different local papers). If you don't want to follow the rules, then fuck it, but why be in the goddamn contest, just get another pair and sell yours to someone who's really into it. Rant over.

i like the idea of everybody doing the same thing and following the same rules but i dont think everyone is going to go along with it. it sucks but it really doesnt bother me. no one is going to beat me because of 15 more days of wear.