Denim Experiment

Chicken

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be a nay sayer on the ande whall set up, but I haven't seen any pics of the denim worn in well plus no selvedge, plus no button fly (BTW how heavy is the denim?). I would much rather take a dive into some full count, sammies, canes, FOBs, etc. Something with proven quality. Of course I haven't seen Ande Whall's in person and I would love to support a Superfuturian (sp?), but I gotta throw my money where I know it will be worth it in the end. No offense to Ande at all here.

Guest jeffvyain

i got a 29 as well, and i have a 30 in the 5000vx... i guess we'll see... but the 5000s aren't tight on me at all, and i went as far as throwing them in the dryer to shrink them as much as possible. hopefully i made the right choice. if anyone got 30s and they're too big, feel free to contact me. i'm still reasonably confident in my choice but i can't help but be a little uneasy

I actually did write about it, guess you missed it. These are going to be at least 1", maybe 2", smaller than the S5000 at the same marked size.

guess i missed it. i spoke with the girl from samaurai and she said i'd be fine with a 29 so I went with what she said. my black have stretched so they are comfy and I'm assuming the new ones will be exactly the same. The rise was a difference of 1cm i believe, not anything i can't stretch out....

Just received my email from Toshiko also, sounds like we should all have our jeans sometime next week.

So the contest starts on Nov. 1st but does that mean we can't soak the jeans until then also? If so it looks like I'll be doing a little midnight soak come November.

While there's nothing more endearing than a group soak on the eve of Nov 1st, I'm still going to try them on regardless, just in case I don't think i can shrink them enough to fit properly. That way I can sell them off to someone else interested in a pair of contest-ready 28s. Also I don't see any reason why we can't post pics before Nov 1st too, as a teaser of sorts. I wonder what's happening with that website?

While there's nothing more endearing than a group soak on the eve of Nov 1st, I'm still going to try them on regardless, just in case I don't think i can shrink them enough to fit properly. That way I can sell them off to someone else interested in a pair of contest-ready 28s. Also I don't see any reason why we can't post pics before Nov 1st too, as a teaser of sorts. I wonder what's happening with that website?

I could possibly be interested in a 28 if they dont fit you. We'll see!

For the website... I'm in a really busy week (moving to tokyo), but it's coming along, slowly.

Looks like we're a go! I like the ship date too!

"Here is about S0500XX.

I am going to ship S0500XX 29inch to you

from SAMURAI on this Friday, 13th of October.

And I will charge your credit card "26,990 Japanese yen"

The package number will be "xxxxxxxxxx" by EMS.

So, I hope it will suit you very well and

Join the contest!!

Thank you

Sincerely yours.

Toshiko"