Denim Experiment

Chicken

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think a year is too long at all, it's perfect. Can't wait to receive them jeans. I'm putting my money on me, however, if serge was competing.... I might have to put my money on him.

and...

Ha...I would create a device made out of PVC that goes down the pant leg! Now that is commitment!

thats gross.

Im sure you will be able to join.

Out of the 20+ people who signed up, I predict we will see at least 5 go up for sale immediately in Supermarket once they've arrived.

really? I expect people to try this for at least 4-5 months. Hell joining this would completely curtail my frivolous spendind on jeans. One a year, which is what I originally told myself.

About the S0500XX's (from BiG's Front Page... basically a translation of what the samurai site says, but in better english than Google Translator):

The S0500XX Limited Edition uses 100% Texas cotton which is famous for being a "rough" cotton due to it's high amount of short fibers. Normally, the short fibers are removed to make a smoother fabric, but Samurai adds more short cotton fibers to make the yarn even rougher. The result is a yarn that is highly uneven in size, making the woven fabric very "slubby" (irregular). Moreover, while most jean manufacturers mix different cottons from various areas, Samurai uses only 100% Texas cotton in the S0500XX Limited Edition. Even the thread is made of 100% Texas cotton. This creates a jean that captures the essence and spirit of this tough Texas denim.

Weighing in at 15 ounces, Samurai also maximized the tension of the weave, so that after washing, the denim becomes even more stiff and the weave even tighter. This is the first time Samurai has done this and it has produced fading unseen in any jean before.

Like all Samurai jeans, the S0500XX Limited Edition uses 100% pure indigo with no fillers, using the maximum amount of indigo that the yarn can hold. However, because of the cotton used and the tightness of the weave, the denim is especially prone to "atari" (fading).

These jeans have limited edition buttons and rivets, plus a limited edition tag with an upside-down "A" in "SAMURAI."

Only 100 of these special jeans were made. Each one comes with a special Samurai "tenugui" (hand towel).

Ahhhh the homegrown Texas Cotton... I've seen it for years and years driving to/from Lubbock... I'll finally be able to wear something that I know came from all that cotton I've seen.

Way cool, thank you jubei...

have I mentioned I can't wait?

Rag&bones are getting kind of dull in color, because they are dirty and they aren't so stiff anymore, I miss their original state but long for the worn for 2 years beaten into the earth state, I'm calling this denim purgatory. Contemplating a possible wash or perhaps just some starch... any thoughts?

So I'm ready for these things to arrive and for Nov. 1 to roll around.

if i get entered in this contest, just waiting to hear back, its fucking on. I'm going to do my first wash one week before the contest ends and wash it every day during that week. I dont know just hoping someone dropped out still, i messaged dude back, if not then its all good, will be fun to watch.

My girlfriend is going to hate me, cause I plan on sleeping with these joints on...!

lol