Denim Experiment

Chicken

Went to BIG day before yesterday, walked in, looked at the inventory, resisted the urge to buy, flipped through a couple of lightning mags, walked out, over to APC, and couldn't resist picking up a pair for $140. And to make matters worse, I've got a pair of canes and iron army's that need breaking in.

Oh yeah, and my fucking samurais that will be in the mail Oct 10!

And yet, I'm so happy.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe everybody ordered succesfully....So here are some updates for the rules...

Contest Duration November1st 2006 - November 1st 2007

Final Voting starting Nov 1st 2007

Picture updates - every 1st of the month - so every 4 weeks - 1 front, 1 back shot and 1 detail, plus 1 shot of you wearing the Jeans (front or back , whatever you prefer..

Descriptions like numbers of washes , days of wearing , starching will be given with the pictures

No sand paper - we want to see how they naturally wear and break in

There will be one picture of the raw Jeans on the homepage - I don't think everybody needs to post a pic of the same raw Jeans - but I think it would be great t post pics of the fit after soak...

Plus - since people might recieve their Samurai on different days - no cheating - Soak and wearing start Nov1st - for everybody...HA , 30 ppl staring into the bathtub on the same day, funny world...

Guest jeffvyain

wow, i can't even soak until the 1st....i'll have to wake up early...or just do it at 12am. CAN NOT FUCKIN WAIT.

poor s5000vx's were just starting to break in a bit. I'll just beat the shit out of these early on to catch up. Skateboarding a mile and a half to school every day it doesn't rain! ...or maybe i'll run

I am soo jealous of you guys. I hope this is an annual contest. There should be a denim of the year club. $250 a year and it features a new jean each year... with the ability to win a new pair of limited edition of one pair of jeans.

I am soo jealous of you guys. I hope this is an annual contest. There should be a denim of the year club. $250 a year and it features a new jean each year... with the ability to win a new pair of limited edition of one pair of jeans.

that sounds like a pretty cool idea!

Awesome guys! I just got around to reading this 10 page monster thread on this sunny sunday morning. This is going to be great, will be tuning in for sure.

$25 on CMF Homme styles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If beatle thinks its critical that we start on the same day, we could just all take close up pictures of the dry denim (before soak) the day before the contest begins alongside that days version of each of our local newspapers (which would show the date etc.) . . maybe a little too invovled, but it would prove date and show dry denim . .

You joke stealing son of a bitch. ;) (Post 243)

QUOTE]

Not trying to steal your joke just stating the obvious :).

Hmm, for whatever reason the smilie I used is now not showing up. I just wanted to be clear that I was not trying to be an "actual" ass.

Have fun gents.

PS. I do not think that a day or 2 for that matter is going to make a lick of difference in who will win this. You have a year.

PS. I do not think that a day or 2 for that matter is going to make a lick of difference in who will win this. You have a year.

haha im imagining a race - and the umpire saying "your year starts....now!"

the crazy long timeframe of this contest is going to be something i'll be watching for. who's going to stay in it for the duration without giving in to the need to wear somethign else?

WHAT THE FUCK! i never fucking knew this fucking existed until fucking now. this should have fucking been on the fucking bulletin. fuck. im fuckitty fucking mad. this fucking better fucking be fucking a fucking annual fucking thing. i fucking swear.

and maybe we can make it on cnn. or ripleys believe it or not.

have a nice day.

haha im imagining a race - and the umpire saying "your year starts....now!"

the crazy long timeframe of this contest is going to be something i'll be watching for. who's going to stay in it for the duration without giving in to the need to wear somethign else?

i wonder if anyone will wear their contest jeans all hours of the day for the next year, that would be something...

Guest jeffvyain

i got stoned and got into this big ol' mind bender about how i bet this ends up being on the news and stuff, as more denim shops carrying japanese denim are opening up, and this whole raw, dark denim thing is going on... and, i'm sure, to the "normal" person, this just seems fucking weird--weird enough to have a story over. at that point, i thought to myself, do you want to watch from the sidelines or be able to say "yea, i was a part of that"? the answer was clear. has anyone been charged for their sams yet?

i'm sure i'll wear other jeans at some point here and there, but i'm going to treat these like a red-headed stepchild. after i buy my new LANDYACHTZ!!!

http://www.thelongboardstore.com/landyachtz/landyachtz_evo_nine_ply_complete.htm

Yes, I feel the same way, so I'm very sorry that I can't be in the competition! I already have 3 pairs to break in and just moved and became a student so I don't have enough money to spend on a pair of jeans that look very similar to my other samurais.

I will definitely be in the next contest or arrange a new on if no one else will.

Btw, I think 1 year is too long, I think there should at least be a part stop at 6 months, I don't think a lot of people will wear the same pair of jeans almost every day for 1 year.

I think maybe you should have 190-200 days to wear the jeans 180 days, so people can at least change for the holidays and when going out to a nicer place.

i got stoned and got into this big ol' mind bender about how i bet this ends up being on the news and stuff, as more denim shops carrying japanese denim are opening up, and this whole raw, dark denim thing is going on... and, i'm sure, to the "normal" person, this just seems fucking weird--weird enough to have a story over. at that point, i thought to myself, do you want to watch from the sidelines or be able to say "yea, i was a part of that"? the answer was clear. has anyone been charged for their sams yet?

i'm sure i'll wear other jeans at some point here and there, but i'm going to treat these like a red-headed stepchild. after i buy my new LANDYACHTZ!!!

http://www.thelongboardstore.com/landyachtz/landyachtz_evo_nine_ply_complete.htm