Denim Experiment

Chicken

However it is that votes are tallied, please make it so that it's harder to fllood-vote. I had a friend who should have won a gizmodo contest but was flooded out. It's not that I personally care, but whomever has the best looking pair at the end of the year should win. It would waste everyone's time otherwise. Maybe if you gave each person their own blog-style page and then tracked statistics on views/comments on top of votes, it would make the results more genuine.

I would also chip in through paypal, but then again you could also have some sponsored links on there and we could all just click them to death, whatever you decide.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep the ideas coming! I couldn't design much this afternoon, I was stuck at the japanese embassy all day, trying to read all the random books they had :) which made me think that I should try to translate the site in japanese for the denim junkies over there, maybe only a weekly general update or something.

I'm not sure how the voting will go, I have to talk with beatle about that. We can do something to prevent the same ip to vote all the time (but that's kind of annoying and not that efficient) or we could average things out, or people would have to vote on all the pairs (on a scale of 1 to 10 for example). That way it would really be easy to see if there's some spam voting.

Also, for the donations, don't worry about that for now. We'll figure something out later. Ads would work well, but most of them are ugly, so we'd need good companies to work with if we don't want to mess the look of the page :D

Sorry for the long incomprehensible rambling, I'm really tired... I'll go take a nap.

I think the folks at Samurai should vote on the best jeans. I mean they are the ones dishing out a free pair of jeans, plus they have experience and "expertise." Or there can be a panel of non-partisan judges. I will nominate myself... any takers? I am open for donations.

you guys fuckin suck, i feel left the fuck out. im pissed off and i might go out and fucking murder someone right now to take some goddamn steem off. I havent been pissed off like this in ages. what the fuck. why does the superfagget site keep fucking crashing and changing its website and shit. if it wasnt for that last crash i'd be in this fucking contest. Tell whoever runs superfuture to keep this site from crashing. FUCK!

First of all - thelion - I guess we all really appreciate your emotinal outbreak....but we've been having this thread up for quite some time - and sign up deadline was way before the crash...Maybe we'll see you next year.

I mailed Toshiko - 9 people have not ordered yet - I will send you a pm....we need all the orders by September 25th...So please be good and proceed...

Regarding voting. I already talked to Toshiko and we both agree that Samurai prefers having the public decide.

2000db will come up with a voting option that makes sure there are no double votings...

I think it makes sense to have a monthly update regarding pics and washing details and so on - otherwise there won't be much progress to be looking at.

We will see how marketing goes - of course we 'll try to have some adds and stuff - but I'd also be picky...

As far as the website - we registered www.thedenimcontest.com

I hope you guys like it !

Guest jeffvyain

i was stoned out of my gourd last night, and for some reason, i felt like this was going to be a really big deal, and i wanted to be a part of it. either way, it's gonna be great to watch.

you guys fuckin suck, i feel left the fuck out. im pissed off and i might go out and fucking murder someone right now to take some goddamn steem off. I havent been pissed off like this in ages. what the fuck. why does the superfagget site keep fucking crashing and changing its website and shit. if it wasnt for that last crash i'd be in this fucking contest. Tell whoever runs superfuture to keep this site from crashing. FUCK!
i was stoned out of my gourd last night, and for some reason, i felt like this was going to be a really big deal, and i wanted to be a part of it. either way, it's gonna be great to watch.

great posts, both of these crack me up

what up guys, sorry bout that last post but yeah i really felt like killing someone, thats how mad i was i could even sleep last night thinking how could i have missed out on this, but instead of killing someone i just ordered a pair of samurai's S5000VX from B.I.G. online. shippingt was a lil pricy but what the hell, it capped off at 300 and change. I feel much better now and can reply to this thread like a regular human being.

Well good luck u guys this is going to be a good contest to watch. If i feel like crying or killing someone again for missing out on this then i guess i'll keep ordering a pair of jeans from B.I.G. It seems to work so far.