Denim Experiment

Chicken

Guest jeffvyain

good luck everyone.

GT, yea, kind of. I'm in school for audio engineering/production. I wouldn't call myself TOO much of a musician, as I live in Nashville, and my ego is down somewhere beneath my house when it comes to musicianship; however, I have some guitar and cello under my belt and am moving on to keys to keep on learning.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OKAY - NO MORE SIGNING UP - DEADLINE IS OVER

And here's the list !

digital_denim

pacioli

BrokenGlass

st199ml

Adsurgo

poly800rock

Timmy32

YetFung

mcflip

theswarm

DickDanger

Downwithianbrown

The black arm

Moz

Mickawes

TheNiklax

KO

Thorns

cheapmuthafukr

polishmike

apu

Beatle

emaze

DERDANKHUND

TypicalFashion

winq

I miss lily

Tommyhibbs

azn8oi

almondcrush

So - this is the final list - de:) tails on ordering soon !

Sorry I haven't kept up with this thread. I have a pair of the SO500XXs, which I've worn since May 25th. I can't post pics, since they are currently getting re-hemmed.

My pair is a size 34. Pre-soak the measurements were 34 inch waist, 4.5' rise, 15' yoke, 12' front, 9.5' fly, 48' leg, and 38' inseam. These are just personal notes and I'm not really sure how I measured the yoke or front. I may be able to post measuements post wear in a few days.

Anyway, good luck to all. The cotton on these jeans is awsome! They have just a little bit of stubble and I'm happy with the vertical fading on areas of high wear.

I was clicking around on the samurai site, and was wondering if anyone had run into this wev page.

http://www.e2nd.net/challenge/Challenge.htm

It shows a bunch of samurai, redmoon, etc. through the aging process. Pretty nice.

The pictures beatle got are from the samurai "discolor boast" page, but I just thought these were cool cuz it shows the aging process. Whereas the images beatle got were just the final product.

Well gentlemen, good luck with sizing, etc...Could not help but notice not too many "forum celebrities" on the list. Just thought there would be more, that is all. But I think, as with myself, this is as much about timing of the contest to determine who is in.

What about cheapmutha? I saw a picture of his cmf hommes in In Style and US Weekly. It seems he got into a fight with brad pitt over angelina and how she was wearing her jeans.

Rumor was that Cheapmutha thought she should have sized down just one instead of two. She didn't factor in shrinkage, but Brad totally thought sizing down two was just fine seeing as how they weren't sanforized. You can see how a squabble would ensue.

Do you really think the 'forum celebrities' would get into this? I mean, what do they have to prove in a contest, many of them have already shown off some well worn-in jeans. Honestly if someone asks me the nicest pair of jeans I've ever seen, I say, "They are owned by a guy named 'TragicBliss' ", or I say, "His name is Ryu." (CMF Hommes do get mentioned too.)

Btw, still freaking out about sizing one down. Roland's pre-soak waist got me thinking wtf, but I'm pretty confident I'll still fit in them. I just hope they look alright.

Beatle when can we expect to start paying and getting these jeans shipped out? I'm on vacation in like a week and a half.

What about cheapmutha? I saw a picture of his cmf hommes in In Style and US Weekly. It seems he got into a fight with brad pitt over angelina and how she was wearing her jeans.

Rumor was that Cheapmutha thought she should have sized down just one instead of two. She didn't factor in shrinkage, but Brad totally thought sizing down two was just fine seeing as how they weren't sanforized. You can see how a squabble would ensue.

ok... fucking tabloids.... the real story is that she sized down too much and ruined the fit. they were sanforized, but she made them look bad.

brad and i worked it out tho... and angalinas next baby will look a bit like a chimp.

yeah... im definatly looking forward to getting 2 pairs of sammies for 215$...

you're pretty confident for a monkey

and I can't wait to get these things and start wearing them, still pains me to think I wont be wearing my RB11's at all for the next 2 years, they hold a special place in my heart, being my first raw/japanese/selvage denim...1year on the contest denim, and another year on my free pair when this is all over. . .suckers.