Denim Experiment

Chicken

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be a little out there but what if we all just made a myspace page specifically for our jeans. I know this probably would not be the most efficient way to do things but that way it would be a lot cheaper to just post links to the myspace pages rather than pay for the bandwith to host a site specifically for the competition.

This might be a little out there but what if we all just made a myspace page specifically for our jeans. I know this probably would not be the most efficient way to do things but that way it would be a lot cheaper to just post links to the myspace pages rather than pay for the bandwith to host a site specifically for the competition.

I doubt the bandwidth would be too much for my servers ;) Once again I think for such a cool project it would be nice to have something that looks a works quite well and myspace definitely doesn't fit the bill! Anyway, it's not my project, but I just thought I'd help because I like the idea...

well - maybe some denim brands would advertise on this site as well -- and maybe the contest will become an institution...Who knows ?

Maybe later on Denim Brands from all over the world are knocking on our doors...and it will be a special honour to be one of the participents ....

Think big - everything is possible

well - maybe some denim brands would advertise on this site as well -- and maybe the contest will become an institution...Who knows ?

Maybe later on Denim Brands from all over the world are knocking on our doors...and it will be a special honour to be one of the participents ....

Think big - everything is possible

I think that's the way to see it.

I think that idea would really clutter the boards. What I had in mind was a dedicated website where every participant has a diary page that can be edited very easily through a forum-like interface. It would be like 30 little denim blogs on one site with detailed reports updated quite frenquently.

Just my idea....

That sounds awesome if you can do it! I have absolutely no skills/knowledge of making websites, thought it might be cheaper and easier to do it on the forum that started it all, but if you know what youre doing and its not hurting you finanically, by all means! Im getting all giddy!!

Beatle, how are we going to do the shipping and payment thing?

Guest jeffvyain

the question as to whether these jeans will be numbered has yet to be answered.

also, i think we should still try to get a bit of a discount. yes, 215 is not THAT bad, but we are doing them quite a favor by making such a big deal out of this...not to mention buying quite a few pairs of jeans. we don't necessarily need wholesale, but a nice discount certainly wouldn't hurt. i am getting closer and closer to being all in, but I'd like the details to work just a bit more in our favor...

If they could pop under $200 I bet the number of people in the contest would double. It really seems like Samurai would want to do it. For $15 less, they would probably sell like ten more jeans. More profit is good right?

I can't figure out what size I need... I'm contemplating between 27 and 28... my true waist size is approx 29, but in my rag&bones I bought a 28 which is way loose now and I have helmuts in a 28 which i couldnt button all the way for the first 20 min....reading the size chart and trying to figure out which will be best. Also I guess the rise needs to be considered... anyone can help? or what sizes are you all getting?

Okay , everybody - so far there are 16 people on the list ....

If I want to beg Samurai for a price drop - I think I got to come up with at least 20...

I mean - they are selling the lim. edition without us , too .....Plus - I guess it's an honour that a japanese denim company such as Samurai takes us seriously and is willing to give the winner a free pair of Sammies...

So - again - pm Listing with full name and size - an I will mail Toshiko again regarding a price drop....

So , guys - I asked - and her's what they say ---

Could SAMURAI do a small pricedrop ??? I know , they are 24990 Yen - which is a good deal -

I know and understand what you mean.

I really appreciate you and your friends.

But, there are many store which sell SAMURAI JEANS in Japan,

and there is in NY.

If we discount it, it happens many trouble between the stores.

All of the store sell jeans via website.

In japan, many people do the contest in website,

The customers who know the discount will ask us the same way.

So, That I can do is the discount of shipping fee.

Usually it will be 3500 - 7000 yen for the shipping fee.

If the shipping fee is 3500yen at least, we have to pay 1500yen for each.

So, The total amount is 26990 yen, I think.

I hope you understand me!

So - I am sorry to tell all you guys that the price is firm - but I don't think that will stop the project !

Again - pm LISTING with FULL name and SIZE !

Don't be a part of history - create the future

Price is fixed, let's focus on other matters, like the proposed website, some rules, payment arrangements for Beatle, and what the hell size we're all getting.

I'm still undecided. If they are anything like my Premium Edo Ai's, I should possibly size down, but from what I'm hearing they're slimmer, so my big concern is rise. I sure hope we hear some answers on that soon.

Wait, signup ends at the stroke of midnight on 9/8, or do we have that Saturday to make a decision? I know this sounds petty, but I'll be in NYC on Sat and I wanted to check these jeans out and respond that afternoon/evening.

Also, I personally would never do it, but does anyone think that sandpapering, etc. should be allowed if only to see how earned as opposed to artificial wear compares beyond just speeding up the process. Just make sure that if people do that sort of thing that they admit to it.

I also want to see what kind of trash talk, sandpapering accusations and absurd wearing practices/activities start happening as the contest goes on...