Denim Experiment

Chicken

Sorry if this is a dumbass question, but a good ol discussion on fit never goes amiss. The size chart on samurai doesnt give the rise on these, anyone know???? Also whats the fit like??

Looks like the fit is similar to the 5000VX, 5000BK, or the 110XJ. There should be numerous threads about the 5000BK at least.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jeffvyain

according to the size chart, these will be SLIGHTLY slimmer than the 5000vx through the bottom, and if i remember correctly, SLIGHTLY larger through the thigh, but just a hair. Long as I sell my foosball table or my denimes, I plan on sizing down to a 29 instead of the 30 I got in the S5000VX, as it should be just a bit slimmer all the way through that way.

damn, this is why I hate having will power. I told myself no new pair til atleast April, I am saving for a new(er) car. I know in a years time I am gonna be hating myself for not joining in the reindeer games.

Oh, I got so excited I forgot to ask...

What do we do if the size we get doesnt fit right? We screwed right? I want the slimmest fit possible, should I size down? Do samurai stretch much? If I sit in the tub while it soaks, will it shrink to my exact size or go tighter?

Maybe I should do a search... underway!

So - here's the final price

S0500XX is 24990 yen and the shipping fee is 2000 yen for all people.

Please do the math - convert into your currency - so 215$.

Good price for SAMURAI !

I know I got plenty pm last night - I will respond soon - looks like we're 30 ppl...

Have to quote myself - please send your full name and the size you decided on !

I need ur full name so that I can give Samurai a complete list with Name and Size - so that later on she will know who´s order belongs to the contest -

Everybody will be ordering directly through Toshiko - so that everybody gets shipping , payment and serial nubmer correctly !!!

So again - pm FULL NAME and SIZE !!

Thanks everybody !

Have to quote myself - please send your full name and the size you decided on !

I need ur full name so that I can give Samurai a complete list with Name and Size - so that later on she will know who´s order belongs to the contest -

Everybody will be ordering directly through Toshiko - so that everybody gets shipping , payment and serial nubmer correctly !!!

So again - pm FULL NAME and SIZE !! PM LISTING

Thanks everybody !

Don,t forget to pm - only those who send LISTING pm with full name and size can be in - list will be completed by Saturday, September 10th...

the fit is similar to s5000vx, a tad smaller leg opening as someone else said, but basically the same. However, I wonder if the rise isn't also a tad higher. It is very important to know this as the S5000 shrinks to 2" bigger thantag size(because Samurai thought the rise was so low on these) while most/all other Samurais shrink to tag size.

Still waiting for Toshiko to answer my email.

any suggestions? for sizing.... I usually wear a size 30... I picked up the BK sammy's in a size 30 which fit just great (I didn't do any soaks) & I also have a pair of sammy's exports S0710WX in a 31 which I soaked for 2hour hot... The exports in 30's were too tight, that's why I bought the 31's. So I really don't know what to think when it comes to the size? Can anyone help... thanks...

I fully plan on making liberal use of my sewing machine. I'm going to slim them up a lot through the thigh and give them a really slight bootcut like half way through my calf.

might check with beatle/samurai before you do anything like that, they might not want the integrity of their denim/fit tampered with. I wouldn't mind but if they are posting pics on their website of the jeans, people might begin to wonder why the fit is so different and so on...

edit: leaning towards 28, any suggestions?

edit: hm helmuts currently measure 72 in the waist, and they are snug... the size 28 according to the aforementioned chart measures 71-73 post soak? in which case they are going to stretch, in which case i would prefer a 27?

might check with beatle/samurai before you do anything like that, they might not want the integrity of their denim/fit tampered with. I wouldn't mind but if they are posting pics on their website of the jeans, people might begin to wonder why the fit is so different and so on...

Hmmmm... fair enough.

Beatle can I get a ruling on this one? I figure alterations would have to be allowed: Some people will need to get them hemmed, some people will probably need to fix holes...

First of all - sizing

I would advise everybody to stick with their true size - or size down 1 size.

Anybody who had different experience - feel free to say so - since this is my personel oppinion....They shrink when you soak them- and once you wash them a tad more.

So the overall shrinkage is probably 2 sizes anyway ....Only the very brave man should size down 2 sizes right away - or the man who wants to go an a diet !!

Regarding alternations...

I believe that this Denim contest should also show your dedication towards your favourite piece of clothing - the whole sense in breaking in ur Jeans is creating your very own piece of Denim history !

So - hemming - of course - not everybody has a 36 inch leg !

Fixing holes ? Of course !

But I am slightly opposed to tailoring a new cut - but if one of the contestents believes it is necessary - I'd say - why not !

This whole project will be getting a lot of publicity - and everybody who's in should enjoy the trip !

So I say - other than having a time rule and the exact same starting day - do whatever makes you feel good !

Last question - I will post a list with all the "User names" who will participate on Sunday morning after mailing out Names and Sizes to Toshiko !