Denim Experiment

Chicken

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So - I just recived mail from Samurai again -

here's what they say -

I talked the president of SAMURAI JEANS about you and the contest.

So, we decided the following,

We give the another SAMURAI JEANS to him who win the contest inn the honor

of the winner.

And we will introduce him and the jeans in the website of SAMURAI JEANS.

How about it?

What do you think?

Sincerely yours.

Toshiko.

That offer - plus shipping free - should we go for Samurai ??

And - just to let you guys know - I 've asked about having a limited edition....Let's see what they say - cross your fingers....That would be really really great!

In the meantime - who's in - pleas send me a pm - so that I could start counting - see if we get - say 20 - 30 ppl - maybe that would convince them to have a special ed.

Codeword WWDC - WorldwideDenimContest

wow. that's pretty nice of samurai.

good luck to you guys getting the project off the ground! i can't hop in due to my own finances but i'll be watching enthusiastically from the sidelines.

p.s. you could make an award for the least contrasty wear as well, call it the "president" jeans.

Update on Samurai response

I am exciting to hear it too!!

So, if you choose the model "S5000VX" or "S0500XX",

We will keep 20pairs of jeans just now, I think.

Though, it is depend on the size...

S5000VX is coming up next week.

S0500XX is coming up next month.

Unfortunately the limited edition is not coming up soon.

I think S0500XX is good for you in this case.

Because if you decided to wear "S0500XX"

I will give the number on the leather label specially!!

>From NO.1 - 20.

(Do you understand this mean ? no good Englsih ....)

PM who's in !

i'll help beatle out and post some details taken direct from the samurai website

Sammie S0500XX

keijo2tc2.th.jpg kiji2pm9.th.jpg hosei2cu0.th.jpg

米国テキサスコットンを使用。元々荒々しい特徴を持った綿に、繊維長の短い綿(綿カス部分)を入れて、より繊維の不均一さを増したもの。この綿を使うことで不規則な荒々しいムラ形状の糸になる。更にその不規則な糸を通常よりもさらに硬く撚ることで、生地にした時の硬さが倍増する。一般的な紡績では年間を通して安定した様々な綿をブレンドして一本の糸にするが、今回はテキサスコットンのみを使用「単一混綿」の為、その風合いが強調されて出てきて武骨さが表現できた。糸番手は経・緯共に6番糸。

ピュアインディゴ100%で出せる限界特濃色。これまでのサムライオリジナルデニム同様、芯の白の部分は大きくアタリの付き易いものにしている。

弱テンション織りの他のモデルとの決定的な違いは、テンションの強さ。今までとまったく対照的に、糸の打ち込みを最大限まで入れてテンションを掛けることで生地の張り腰(コシの強さ)は半端ではないものに仕上っている。ぜひこの違いを味わってみて欲しい。

現行サムライ15oz弱テンションセルビッチとの明らかな違いは、穿き込んだ時の風合いである。穿き込む事でくたびれるどころかより締まっていき、更にコシの強さを増していく。

シルエットに関しては今回のモデルの為に新たに考案。

穿きやすさを一番に考え、自然に足を通せるようなジーンズをイメージした。腰とヒップの絶妙なバランス感、股上は極力詰めず、裾までの自然なテーパード感を表現した。本物を知る人こそ、このシルエットの良さを実感して頂けるであろう。

*シルエットはS0510XX・S3000VXより細く、S5000VX・S0110XJに近い太さです

and some shitty google translations - when the guys fluent in jap logon, please help out with a better translation!

"Using the American Texas cotton. In the cotton which had originally rough feature, the short drafts fiber length (the cotton refuse part) inserting, from unevenness of the fiber those which it increases. By the fact that this cotton is used it becomes the thread of irregular rough unevenness form. Furthermore when that irregular thread than the normality furthermore it twirls harder by the fact that, making cloth, hardness redoubles. With general cotton spinning blending the various cotton which are stabilized through year it makes the thread of one, but this time only the Texas cotton for using “single cotton mixing”, the wind being agreeable being emphasized, coming out, boorishness, it could express. As for thread count both sutra latitude 6th thread.

The limit which can be put out with pure indigo 100% special hyperchromic. The part of former samurai original denim similar and white of the core has done to that [atari] is easy to be attached largely.

As for decisive difference with the other model of weak tension weave, strength of tension. Until now completely contrast, inserting ramming down the thread to the maximum, by the fact that it applies tension the Hari waist of cloth (strength of the filter) it is finished in those which are not odd. We want trying tasting this difference by all means.

When you wear the clear difference with current samurai 15oz weak [tenshiyonserubitsuchi] and, being packed it is the wind being agreeable. Instead of wearing it becomes tired by the fact that it is packed, from it keeps tightening, furthermore increasing the strength of the filter keeps.

In regard to the silhouette because of the latest model anew device.

To wear of cheapness was thought most, the kind of jeans which can pass through the foot naturally represented. The exquisite balance impression of the waist and the hip, it did not stuff on the crotch to the utmost, expressed the natural tapered impression to the hem. Very the person who knows the real thing, you probably can realize the good quality of this silhouette.

* It is the thickness where the silhouette is thinner than S0510XX S3000VX, is close to S5000VX S0110XJ"

patch2ee7.jpg

S0500XXの為に製作した新型パッチ。

サムライジーンズの原点である初代S510XXのパッチを基本に据え、そこから再度、基本に忠実でありながら、しかしあらたな道を開拓していくという気持ちを込めた。

人物の両者共にカリアゲにすることで従来のS510と比べ細身のシルエットであることを表現し、気合を込めた。

初回限定モデルのみロットナンバーは2006年モデルを表す9の頭に限定を意味する「0」を付け「09」。予約の先着順で「000」から一本一本シリアルナンバーを印字。

世界で唯一あなただけのジーンズとなる。

"The new model patch which is produced because of S0500XX.

Although to place on the basis of the patch of the first generation S510XX which is starting point of the samurai jeans, for the second time, being faithful to the basis from there, it included the feeling that but it keeps developing the new road.

Both both of the person it expressed that it is the silhouette of thinness in comparison with former S510 by the fact that it makes [kariage], included shout.

Only the first limited model lot number means limitation to attach “0” to the head of 9 where 2006 model is displayed, “09”. “000” printing empty one one serial number in first-come order of reservation.

Become the only just your jeans in the world."

there's also a fit guide on the S0500XX page

info taken from http://www.samurai-j.com/contents/jeans/s0500xx/index.htm

anyone got pics of someone else wearing them jeans? the the fit on the guy in the picture from samurai looks like crap imo. as if he's wearing them 2 sizes too big or something. i'll look into measurements etc and see how they compare to my eternals... if it llooks alright, i'm def. with you on this!