slim black jeans

this is a thread for slim black jeans only. post pics and discuss...

this thread is probably inappropriate for superdenim, which seems to be more overall more focused on heavyweight/heritage jeans

slim / skinny? how much taper?

pitch black / over-dye?

stretch- 2%, 5%?  100% cotton? 

coated? raw?

size up 2 slouch? size down 4 sufu fit?  

are there extra fucking zippers on the pants??

thread criteria (obvious, but worth restating so no one fucks this up):

- slim (or skinny)

- black (any shade of black; no dark-grey jeans, no dark-blue jeans duh)

- jeans (denim; no chinos, work pants, corduroy, or shorts duh)

edit:

HEY EVERYONE
  • Use the search function/read the fucking previous posts on this forum (hey guys, there's a subforum called SUPERDENIM);
  • Grab a measuring tape and measure yourself;
  • Compare your measurements with the ones provided by the webstore (email them if they haven't provided them already);
  • Buy.

I'll start handing out infractions/banning people for not using their own brains and asking the internet instead..
Edited by bill

you know after fucking with expensive denim (balenciaga, drkshdw) for years, ive come to realize that the acne max cash really blows others out of the water. i haven't found another pair of jeans that is as flattering for my slim but not rail thin legs. i like how the legs are narrow throughout, but the hem is reasonable as to not break as high on boots.

size 28 - true to size

inseam ~28-29" - basically no break

o6gy.jpg

max cashes can get really expensive. a cheaper alternative that you could try is a pair of n&f black power stretch (only comes in the skinny guy model). 

I have both and their fabric is similar in a lot of ways. both have a sheen to them, the n&f a bit more elastic. Both have solid construction. the fit might be slightly baggier than max cashes and has a higher rise so it might be a better option for meatheads.

027-1-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

Edited by narutofan

usually wear acne ace cash.

recently got another pair of number (n)ine they're more of a taper down to a super small leghole type of deal, but I wear them a lot still.

both seem to be the same or very similar material.  blackest black of all blacks that never fades.

Edited by Sean9

max cash have been my favorite pair of pants since I got them. been wearing mine for lightly for ~15 months. small crotch rip and knee holes that I need to repair.

first wash after a year, and until then they were the same blackness throughout except for by the hem because of stepping in puddles and shit. after the wash they started to fade a lot faster and I'm getting some nice whisker fading. 

hope mine eventually turn out like mass's (I think they are max cash?), really nice comb fading. 

2013_04_02_13_11_24.jpg

Edited by Ecotrons

how do acne cash look in person? i like the fit of max cash, but in some pictures they look like shiny, almost like they're made out of satin or something, not denim. they look great in the pic above, but they look totally different in a lot of other pics.

Edited by jamers

how do acne cash look in person? i like the fit of max cash, but in some pictures they look like shiny, almost like they're made out of satin or something, not denim. they look great in the pic above, but they look totally different in a lot of other pics.

they have a sheen at first but it goes away.

Edited by Ecotrons

I used to be a big fan of the black ringspun nudie grim tims, as i like my black denim with a strong taper. However, mine shrunk insanely when i washed them, to the point where i couldn't even get my legs into them anymore.

Currently im very happy with a pair of black Weekday jeans. Very pronounced taper with a more comfortable upper block and a deep black dye. If only they made them with a 36+ inseam..

i tend to stay away from jeans that rely on a lot of taper. imo severe cuts that start at the upper thigh give a more elongating effect, while strong taper starting at the knee breaks too high and ends up looking stumpier. of course if you're really tall that's not an issue. 

my friend used to wear dh 17.5 superslenders in that rayon/cotton/poly cocktail blend, and that shit was pretty magical in terms of comfort and versatility. 

looking for recs, criteria:

9" rise

<6.5" hem

stretch

button fly (optional)

basically want a uniqlo t000 of higher quality / no sheen or fading sheen

Answer has already been posted, drkshdw detroit. However, those jeans aren't very stretchy

The new YSL cut is similar to what you're looking for

I wear Dogpile jeans, made in the USA, very tight

Not fashionable or fashion oriented

Aye, 

Acne Max Cash is seriously the best pair of jeans I've ever owned. The cut is amazing — skinny but not skin tight. The dye (though it bleeds a lot) is like pitch black with a little bit of luster. I got my first pair in 2006. I'm on my third pair. I used to be able to find them on sale but not any more. It's one of those rare things that's expensive and good. 

If you have super skinny thighs / legs, hex is the way to go.

Many sufu legends including sidneylo, 2000db, lab, mass(I think), and yours truly own acne cash jeans.

Superfine is also an excellent option.

Edited by herpsky

Aye, 

Acne Max Cash is seriously the best pair of jeans I've ever owned. The cut is amazing — skinny but not skin tight. The dye (though it bleeds a lot) is like pitch black with a little bit of luster. I got my first pair in 2006. I'm on my third pair. I used to be able to find them on sale but not any more. It's one of those rare things that's expensive and good. 

If you have super skinny thighs / legs, hex is the way to go.

Many sufu legends including sidneylo, 2000db, lab, mass(I think), and yours truly own acne cash jeans.

Superfine is also an excellent option.

Kind of tempted. I have a pair of the Roc Satin blacks and they are great but the size 44 is kind of small. I like that the Roc Satins aren't really 'denim' but think I'll order a pair of the Max Cash anyway just to try them out. 

Is the slimness between the Cash and Max Cash that extreme? In most photos the difference seems negligible.  

I've had several pairs of Acne Max Cash's for as long as I can remember... 6 years probably (no lie). They've been my go-to jeans for a long time... my only problem with them is the rise.

Do you guys know of another pair of jeans like the Max Cash in terms of wash, feel, and fit along the legs but that has a higher rise? The Max Cash is so low rise that it looks mad awkward with a shirt tucked in. I'd like something with the rise of the APC New Standard, but Max Cash all the rest of the way around

oh.. also want to add in that i also really love my Acne Max Wet On Black... they're exactly like the Max Cash but waxed/oiled. Fucking ill.

Edited by poopie boy

so is there any difference between the max "new" cash on mr porter (http://www.mrporter.com/product/329303) vs just the regular max cash off tres-bien (http://tres-bien.com/brand/acne/jeans-max-cash-3-5) or something? the white patch on the back looks different... and on acne's site, the max cash don't show any patch at all. is there any difference between the 3 in the actual cut?

Edited by jamers

Cash is their overdyed black, slightly coated fabric.

Hex can be consedered super slim while the Max is just slim.

Acne jeans are sold in pretty much every cities so the best thing to do for anybody (instead of asking questions) is to find out the closest stores and go try on a pair or two. If you can't find one, send a message to ACNE to ask about their stockists.

Also, in terms of designer denim, I think Neil Barrett is sorely underrated. Only issue is his sizing starts at 30.

People usually don't talk about Neil Barrett because his clothes sucks and it's mostly elements of others designers put in a blender, therefore don't want to be associated to him by wearing his jeans... Designers jeans aren't really worth it (Helmut's and Hedi's are rare exceptions).

Jamers, the white patch on the tres-bien model looks like it is just the tag. I might be wrong but if you zoom in thats what it looks like.

I had a pair of Superfine Sly that I liked a lot. They are slim, not skinny, so they'd be good for a skinny/tight look on a avg build guy, or slim/relaxed on a skinny guy. They have some elasticity. Mine had PVC or something woven into it that gave it quite a bit of sheen but I think they vary the colours every season. Kind of expensive at retail though.

I just realized Uniqlo skinny tapered black jeans has different fitting for the ones sold in the US and ones sold in Asia.

I normally wear a size 28 and the one i bought in Singapore and Xi'an, China are definitely about an inch smaller around the thighs than the exact same pair I bought in New york. Asia edition fits literally exactly like Hex cash and is 5 times cheaper with 2% stretch

I just realized Uniqlo skinny tapered black jeans has different fitting for the ones sold in the US and ones sold in Asia.

I normally wear a size 28 and the one i bought in Singapore and Xi'an, China are definitely about an inch smaller around the thighs than the exact same pair I bought in New york. Asia edition fits literally exactly like Hex cash and is 5 times cheaper with 2% stretch

UNIQLO SUCKS. NEGGED

I've been wearing a pair of black acne jeans like 80% of the time for the last 2 years. even though i have many other options in my closet I just end up wearing them most of the time because of how much i like the cut and detailing. They aren't the max or hex though, they were a cut which as far as i'm aware was only out for 1 or 2 seasons and it was called "snake" if my memory doesn't fail. I don't really like the other acne's cuts and pocket detailing (exposed rivets, boxy looking) but these are perfect and it's a bummer I couldn't find them again.