Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

not mine but i thought it was a cool idea..

3174397295_b160f79550_o.jpg

3175234860_b91691e113_o.jpg

"A subway poster in Berlin featuring Britney Spears, Leona Lewis and Christina Aguilera has been altered in a strange and interesting way: it has been defaced to mimic an open Photoshop window.

The creative vandal placed stickers around the blown-up — and undoubtedly Photoshopped — faces of the three celebrities to mimic toolbars from the application. Carla at Feministe has picked up on the possibly feminist implications of the vandalism, but she also concedes that the posters could be a more general statement about the advertising industry. However, even if this wasn’t the artist’s intention, the posters serve as springboard for discussions about the ubiquity of Photoshop and the impossible standards it perpetuates for women. They give us a much-needed reminder that what we see is hardly ever real, and that "perfection" can only be attained through computerized tweaking. As one of stickers on Britney’s poster reads, “don’t forget…"

One of the killers carries a guitar nearly everywhere with him including when they go on the run in Mexico (which the colours are meant to be based on btw).

Guess I'll have to reread it now. Its been at least four years.

Still dunno if I like it, Natse.

It's not portfolio work or anything, it's for 2 projects I'm trying to find the time for, Make something cool everyday group on flickr and A year in pop culture blog I'm doing with a friend where we document every piece of pop culture we consume for a year. It was an hourish of work basically.

Not much to this... whipped it up on SeaShore in like 20 mins last night. Photo is my own, thanks to flickr for artifacting the .jpg like a mofo

3228119948_5e031621f3.jpg

Considering I am considering (lol) going into Graphic Design as a possible double major (or minor) if I get into New School for next year, I need some criticism. I want to increase my eye for design as a whole, and simply using Helvetica is not gonna cut it. Natse, or anyone else, feel free to throw some tips, not necessarily about this image (since its simple text/image creation), but as a whole because its something I'm heavily considering. Thanks in advanced.