Whodinihimself

Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

that blue houndstooth is a refreshing take on a classic pattern. if you end up making another one, make some pockets on the outside and find some way to show it off. it'd be a shame to hide the houndstooth!

yeah prufrock extra snazzy. i'd ask you to make me one.. but i don't even wear totes anymore lol

felt like making a tote last night, so i made one. this one was a practice tote - i'm making a better one as we speak.

outsidetote.jpg

insidetote.jpg

Nice Pru, you going to start taking orders?

im refining my technique and pattern. i just made a reversible tote for my girlfriend. same color way as the one i posted, except no pocket. im about to make her a matching pencil case. i love the backpack material that im working with, shit is magical.

the tote looks great. now that i know what material it is ( backpack stuff), it makes it even more interesting.

good work d00d

a couple of my very first handpainted shirts. first one was a bday present for a friend who enjoyed the tomato heads I drew on everything.

second one is the very first one i ever attempted.

it's a work in progress. :D

tomatotomato.jpg

burningcross.jpg

Something i did back in my senior year of high school.

done in one class sitting (30~45 minutes):

pencil on paper

myhand22.jpg

Did this back in 2003 while in highschool. inspired by a picture. I wish I had the motivation/time to draw nowadays. Pencil on paper.

smokegirl-1.jpg

I make this four times a year. She's a beast. Made the transition from editing a fashion mag to interiors and architecture a couple of years ago.

First image post too so my apologies if it's too big...

SF1.jpg

Did this back in 2003 while in highschool. inspired by a picture. I wish I had the motivation/time to draw nowadays. Pencil on paper.

smokegirl-1.jpg

holy shit... the level of detail here is breathtaking. and i know how hard it is to draw the wisp of smoke.

i do some good old pencil and paper stuff myself, but you sir, are good.

respect!!!

my first ever attempt at screen printing, im pretty excited with how it came out, next will be better..

uniqloXdino

DSC01858.jpg

DSC01844.jpg

^thanks!

some people still dont get it....

"hug life?, whats hug life?"

'tards.

This was my first attempt at handstitching beyond sewing up holes. Incredibly rough, especially pushing that needle through the waterproof plastic 1000 times. Done with a t-shirt, floss, and a bandana.

DSCN1760-1.jpg

sketched this shit back in 02'

n116201184_30015234_3082.jpg

proportion's kinda off due to the camera angle.

^Indeed, I made that like 2-3 years ago I believe. I used a reference photograph that's on the internet and just tryed to stylize it a bit.

mule_for_website-405x243.jpg

I do gag cartoons. Here's one I did for an Xmas card last year.

picklekreations.etsy.com

hence the upandcoming :D

Sorry for the old thread bump...but better than making a new one right?

Some great artists here. Here is some of my more recent drawings:

James Dean:

James.jpg

Harrison Ford in Blade Runner:

BladeRunner.jpg

Hedi Slimane:

Hedi.jpg

Printed photograph of denim and a WAYWT self portrait:

Denim.jpg

All drawing with a worn out 0.4mm felt tip fineliner. All except for Harrison are in a Moleskine Sketchbook.

good attempt on slimane. what denim is the photograph of?

im thinking of getting a moleskine for sketches and stuff, should i get a "plain" one which has more pages or a "sketch" one?

The denim is from left to right: Lee, Imperial, Dior

I recommend a Sketchbook Moleskine because the pages are heavier and are more durable. Ink doesnt bleed through pages as easily.

abstracto.jpg

haha rudolphs nose exploded...I like it.

Liking the tote prufrock :)

My first ever attempt at making something: cut up a lambswool vest I bought at a charity shop and attempted to make a scarf with a hood. Was mostly going by trial and error I guess. I ended up without much material to make the scarf bit (should've bought a sweater with sleeves in a larger size! haha) so in the end it turned into a hood that converts into an oversized beanie.

hoodud1.jpg

the hood

beanierh4.jpg

converted to the beanie

hoodwornlx7.jpg

what it looks like worn

The bottom bit isn't complete and needs stitching. Unfortunately because i don't have access to a sewing machine that means hours of (bad) handstitching. Hours I can't really afford to waste.. I should be studying.

^ haha not bad gisti. i would use a rounded cord instead of ribbon to make it look less girly.

did you finish the raw edges though?

Thanks, and no I havent had time to work on it yet, busy past few days at the hospital. It's actually a shoelace btw. I agree that I'd prefer something a little meatier ala cord but didnt have any lying around and I couldn't be bothered going out to source any at the time. Thinking of dyeing it black and adding an inner lining of sorts but thats far too advanced for me.

looks good. Also looks like something a hobbit would wear. but i think i'd rock it!

some of my stuff...

this is a bunch of multi layer stencils i've done, it was all i had decent pictures of, i'll try to get some pics of my pencils and watercolors later...

the last two were for a brother from another mother's wedding..

heart-blue.jpg

heart-green1.jpg

natural.jpg

DSC01455.jpg

DSC01439.jpg