Whodinihimself

Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Played around with Adobe Muse and made a little homepage for my portfolio. Works best on 15" Screens and above (and strangely on iPads, too). I will look into learning HTML and all that jazz soon, but for now, this will do.

1 printing area, 100 variations; inspired by Max Bill´s "Fünfzehn Variationen über ein Thema"

tumblr_nezep9fCFU1qh4x2jo1_500.gif

Made several of these at my old work using flash and photoshop. Was editing some of our own stock photos then suddenly adobe froze, and proceeded to recolour the images. Turned out neat so I kept em.

That first one was actually a pomegranate, which was edited again using photoshop. 2nd and 3rd were originally navel oranges.

2d7hp9f.jpg

1z6wex3.jpg

141i4jp.jpg

Very cool, kinda reminds me of Matisse. This would be a cool skateboard graphic!

This German design homepage featured my diploma project about coping with anger (and making something positive with it).

Click on the picture for more pictures.

c96181b21d931b62e5bbc9a0714e1939.jpg

some stuff i did for misc classes this semester

wOKvyli.jpg?1

KNx3pMx.jpg?1

5WJ41pg.jpg?1

8ZpMdX8.jpg

+lots of drawings and a whole shit-ton of these

x3MtOww.jpg?2

What font is that on the black "same"

lydian bold , began to be a bit overused tho i think.

will try print that poster soon on a nice eco paper

speaking of fonts, whats the coolest, most alternative font for an essay? (serious question)

helvetica is too much of a meme now, gill sans seems cool but i'm not an englander so it's not contextualized for me, i'm not a design student or anything so i'm kinda a pleb, pls help

Edited by aslittleaspossible

speaking of fonts, whats the coolest, most alternative font for an essay? (serious question)

helvetica is too much of a meme now, gill sans seems cool but i'm not an englander so it's not contextualized for me, i'm not a design student or anything so i'm kinda a pleb, pls help

i never understand people who say Helvetica is overused or whatever, it's an absolutely timeless typeface and a beautiful one at that (imo)

it doesn't matter though, im a design student and i always use Arial for essays lol

Edited by uhhuh69

yeah helvetica overused but who fuckin care just a perfect font that fit for everything

personally for essay or thing like that i mostly use berthold akzidenz grotesk which is really similar to helvetica 

i use times new roman too lol, i think it depend on how you place your text, organize it etc, can make it look cool

Edited by aymerikmd

i never understand people who say Helvetica is overused or whatever, it's an absolutely timeless typeface and a beautiful one at that (imo)

it doesn't matter though, im a design student and i always use Arial for essays lol

i really like Din. futura/askindenz grotesk are next.

Nothing wrong with some helvetica. 

garamond and baskerville are pretty nice classic fonts for bodies of text, i use em quite a bit

i really like Din. futura/askindenz grotesk are next.

Nothing wrong with some helvetica. 

Dont use DIN it needs kearning and doing a whole essay would be a bitch. For headlines maybe.

Like someone else said fruitger is nice, it has a friendly feel to it. Honestly it's harder to read large bodies of text in sans serif. It disrupts the natural flow. serif fonts aren't script by any means but the serifs help it read more smoothly. Mixing sans serif headlines with serif text is a great way to add some contrast. For inspiration i'd reccomend behance & dribbble for good starting points of inspiration. 

Will, I really like the last half of the layouts you did starting with "The Five Mavericks..." They have really nice interaction with the typography. 

I'll let our CD know about it. Alternately very fond of this font talk that's going on on this page. Looking for friendly serif fonts to use as text body. Personally relied on Paperback and Futura before for a personal project, but it's starting to feel dated. Bah.