Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

• 2 weeks later...

2094758853_f4f02f91ae.jpg

These were made for a school project where we were asked to make something out of used polyethylene bottles without the use of adhesives bla bla. It's a shit we weren't allowed to use any other material. So this is what I came up with - small containers / purses made 100% out of recycled bottles. I accidentally discovered a way to put some interesting texture onto the plastic. It was a pain to sew together! I'm glad people actually bought em. I sold em out.

I just printed up these Morrissey shirts. Some people hate Moz, and some people might think a Moz shirt is a bit cliche, but I'm a big fan, and in my opinion there aren't that many good Morrissey shirts out there aside from the vintage ones.

The image is an old poster from the late 80's. The photo was taken at Morrissey's first solo show in 1988.

some features:

-Oversized water based print

-Premium slim fit shirt

-white or black

-Limited to 125 pieces

-Printed tag

chad035_1000.jpg

chad040_1000.jpg

Ellie_Mozz.jpg

More info and pricing <a href="http://www.supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=42839">HERE</a>

About two months ago I finished my first leather project. I had planned on posting this in the evo of leather thread but it hasn't much "evolved' so I decided just to put up the old pics of the making/finished product. I'm fairly happy with how it turned out, but overall it was mostly a learning experience with a lot of room for improvement.

Sewing the body to the shell which is lined with deerskin as opposed to the FHs pigskin.

th_CIMG0942.jpg

My inspiration was taken from the FH mid (IE: similar CC slots/dyed exterior piece design/sizing) with alterations preformed due to personal functionality... I'm never not wearing jeans so I keep my coins in my coin pocket so I replaced the coin slot with an ID holder + misc. pocket for extraneous cards. I also don't carry more than 4 credit cards =0.

th_CIMG0945.jpg

Finishing the stitching through 3 different layers. Brass plated steel D-ring. Artificial sinew through the dyed piece (the stitching there was a little tough).

th_CIMG0944.jpg

Credit card slots are lined with deerskin as well.

th_CIMG0963-1.jpg

You can make out some of the veins in the leather.

th_CIMG0969-1.jpg

It's roughly 6" by 3"

th_CIMG0968.jpg

open/flat

th_CIMG0959.jpg

tanning.

th_CIMG0957-1.jpg

I don't have any post-tan pics but it tanned to a nice caramely colour. The leather I used was actually a decent find of Craftsman Oak(I know not the best but it was my first project) single shoulder 5oz tooling leather.

i am in the middle of my degree, but im having no luck getting a job right now, even a placement...

a degree is a minimum it seems, guess im going to have to wait a bit..

don't ask for a job, you want to look for an internship first; get your foot in the door.

call a lot of people + portfolio/resume, after a while with them and if you're that good, they might ask you if you want a job ^^

that's just one option

those are all stupid ideas.

here's what you do:

1. find place you want to work for.

2. put all of your talent into customizing the dopest brick ever.

3. tape nice resume to brick

4. throw brick through their window

is it possible for anyone to give tips on how to get into the graphics design business? general cv ideas?

nice work from a lot of you..

contacts, mostly. assuming you dont have heaps of credentials yet, clients wont find you at this point, you need to find them. at the moment I do business myself and also work part time for a design agency. about 6-7 years ago when I was younger I wanted to do client work but was mostly stuck doodling on my own with a few very very small projects. I just had to ask around to find someone who needed my help, and on a few occasions I came across some more interesting and higher profile opportunities through people I knew, which lead me to more projects and also contacts in companies.

I'm sure you can get hired just like that, but my guess would be that more often you need to work your way to it. if you dont have actual work, do something on your own, come up with your own projects to build up skills and also have something to put in a portfolio.

I dont know if that helps at all, so if you have any specific questions I can try to give better ideas.

i'll throw my rubix cube + resume through the window ^^ that might work here in san francisco

hopefully i nail someone in there and they'll have a new position available