Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

I think it says it in the description but it's in the style of Patrick Nagel, or as best I could to imitate it ha. My first printed design, yay! Hopefully I can get more freelance stuff going.

DSCN1307.jpg

^ aerosol on canvas..got paid to do this one for a college professors daughter

DSCN1264.jpg

^ first portrait w/ aerosol on canvas..the rendering is good but doesnt capture bigs features as well as id like

portfolioshow.jpg

^ did for the portfolio show..title says we mean business..and yes i need a new camera

wemeanbusiness.jpg

^ the mailer that got sent out for the show..once again srry for the shatty camera quality..says we mean business same as above

thats all for now :D

thanks, it's watercolor pencil, so sort of a paint pencil hybrid piece i guess. it gives the effect of watercolors but you can probably achieve a greater level of precision more easily with the pencils. also looking at the picture im noticing that the pant leg (big blue area) got kinda blown out, there's more rendering than that, or maybe i just need to add some more value, but anyway i'd basically draw an area with the pencils and then go over it with water, then more pencil on top and more water repeated until i was happy with it.

AMAZING stuff in here...

i was going to post things from my wall, but thought i'd share these with u guys first.

so, i had made these stuffed creatures.

87f8d1ff.jpg

and i gave this bird-like thing to Sebastien from DFA 1979 (rip). i got a hug and thanks in return.

85ae031d.jpg

e7c4328c.jpg

27727f3b.jpg

I also made a bunny & gave it to Albert Hammond jr during one of his shows. Bunny rocked out in his pocket during the entire concert. I then saw Albert at another show and he had mentioned the bunny on stage which he brought to interviews and named it Rupert.

They say "imitation is the sincerest of flattery".

Here's a smaller scale model of Frank Gehry's Wiggle chair that i had made.

febe30d6.jpg

ac620afe.jpg

7d423f0b.jpg

and here's a larger scale model i made as well. i would have done it larger so i can sit on it comfortably, but i couldn't find enough refrigerator boxes to cut up. i actually cut and glued every single layer of corrugated cardboard in both models.

ddf6c604.jpg

0039f2ed.jpg

4c8df3ea.jpg

1f77adf3.jpg

wow. that is pretty incredible, what devotion.

thanks...yeah, my hands were quite sore afterwards.

Those clean curved cuts on the carboard are truly laudible, madeline.

Edit: Is that Popular on the TV screen?

thanks, but it's not my design. so, thanks mr.gehry for your curves.

& yes, lol that is popular. i don't really watch that show. my tv was just on some channel that was playing popular. lol.

thanks, but it's not my design. so, thanks mr.gehry for your curves.

& yes, lol that is popular. i don't really watch that show. my tv was just on some channel that was playing popular. lol.

I understood that the chair wasn't your design, it's just that cutting curves in cardboard is such a HUGE pain for me; and on top of that, the 60+ layers are uniforn, more or less. Even with sandpaper, I'm not sure if I could do that.

AMAZING stuff in here...

i was going to post things from my wall, but thought i'd share these with u guys first.

so, i had made these stuffed creatures.

87f8d1ff.jpg

and i gave this bird-like thing to Sebastien from DFA 1979 (rip). i got a hug and thanks in return.

85ae031d.jpg

e7c4328c.jpg

27727f3b.jpg

I also made a bunny & gave it to Albert Hammond jr during one of his shows. Bunny rocked out in his pocket during the entire concert. I then saw Albert at another show and he had mentioned the bunny on stage which he brought to interviews and named it Rupert.

youre king for that shit. seb is THE man on the drums/vox. all hail you.

I understood that the chair wasn't your design, it's just that cutting curves in cardboard is such a HUGE pain for me; and on top of that, the 60+ layers are uniforn, more or less. Even with sandpaper, I'm not sure if I could do that.

i need to learn to accept comments better...

but they were a pain to cut. trust me, took a lot of dedication. but the outcome was totally worth it.

youre king for that shit. seb is THE man on the drums/vox. all hail you.

Thanks. Sebastien is pretty damn cool. I wish he was still playing the drums and singing for his next album. But he does make a good frontman. He makes me wish i was his pants sometimes. lol.

They say "imitation is the sincerest of flattery".

0039f2ed.jpg

4c8df3ea.jpg

1f77adf3.jpg

awesome job! looks super dope..

have you checked cardboardrobot.com?

and i hella agree with stunt... haha:cool:

thanks. that site was pretty cool. i love the idea of people reusing and using recyclable (i hope) products for furniture.

but check this out. it'll blow ur mind.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2969293211874969159

ahh that's sick also :D but it must've been a bitch to make..

and i wonder how heavy it is..

that'd be sweet to have tucked away in a corner,

then when company comes, pull it out and have a party...

thanks. that site was pretty cool. i love the idea of people reusing and using recyclable (i hope) products for furniture.

but check this out. it'll blow ur mind.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2969293211874969159

ahh that's sick also :D but it must've been a bitch to make..

and i wonder how heavy it is..

that'd be sweet to have tucked away in a corner,

then when company comes, pull it out and have a party...