Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

a couple of my very first handpainted shirts. first one was a bday present for a friend who enjoyed the tomato heads I drew on everything.

second one is the very first one i ever attempted.

it's a work in progress. :D

tomatotomato.jpg

burningcross.jpg

Did this back in 2003 while in highschool. inspired by a picture. I wish I had the motivation/time to draw nowadays. Pencil on paper.

smokegirl-1.jpg

holy shit... the level of detail here is breathtaking. and i know how hard it is to draw the wisp of smoke.

i do some good old pencil and paper stuff myself, but you sir, are good.

respect!!!

• 1 month later...

This was my first attempt at handstitching beyond sewing up holes. Incredibly rough, especially pushing that needle through the waterproof plastic 1000 times. Done with a t-shirt, floss, and a bandana.

DSCN1760-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the old thread bump...but better than making a new one right?

Some great artists here. Here is some of my more recent drawings:

James Dean:

James.jpg

Harrison Ford in Blade Runner:

BladeRunner.jpg

Hedi Slimane:

Hedi.jpg

Printed photograph of denim and a WAYWT self portrait:

Denim.jpg

All drawing with a worn out 0.4mm felt tip fineliner. All except for Harrison are in a Moleskine Sketchbook.

The denim is from left to right: Lee, Imperial, Dior

I recommend a Sketchbook Moleskine because the pages are heavier and are more durable. Ink doesnt bleed through pages as easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Liking the tote prufrock :)

My first ever attempt at making something: cut up a lambswool vest I bought at a charity shop and attempted to make a scarf with a hood. Was mostly going by trial and error I guess. I ended up without much material to make the scarf bit (should've bought a sweater with sleeves in a larger size! haha) so in the end it turned into a hood that converts into an oversized beanie.

hoodud1.jpg

the hood

beanierh4.jpg

converted to the beanie

hoodwornlx7.jpg

what it looks like worn

The bottom bit isn't complete and needs stitching. Unfortunately because i don't have access to a sewing machine that means hours of (bad) handstitching. Hours I can't really afford to waste.. I should be studying.

Thanks, and no I havent had time to work on it yet, busy past few days at the hospital. It's actually a shoelace btw. I agree that I'd prefer something a little meatier ala cord but didnt have any lying around and I couldn't be bothered going out to source any at the time. Thinking of dyeing it black and adding an inner lining of sorts but thats far too advanced for me.

looks good. Also looks like something a hobbit would wear. but i think i'd rock it!

some of my stuff...

this is a bunch of multi layer stencils i've done, it was all i had decent pictures of, i'll try to get some pics of my pencils and watercolors later...

the last two were for a brother from another mother's wedding..

heart-blue.jpg

heart-green1.jpg

natural.jpg

DSC01455.jpg

DSC01439.jpg