Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

Made several of these at my old work using flash and photoshop. Was editing some of our own stock photos then suddenly adobe froze, and proceeded to recolour the images. Turned out neat so I kept em.

That first one was actually a pomegranate, which was edited again using photoshop. 2nd and 3rd were originally navel oranges.

2d7hp9f.jpg

1z6wex3.jpg

141i4jp.jpg

speaking of fonts, whats the coolest, most alternative font for an essay? (serious question)

helvetica is too much of a meme now, gill sans seems cool but i'm not an englander so it's not contextualized for me, i'm not a design student or anything so i'm kinda a pleb, pls help

Edited by aslittleaspossible

speaking of fonts, whats the coolest, most alternative font for an essay? (serious question)

helvetica is too much of a meme now, gill sans seems cool but i'm not an englander so it's not contextualized for me, i'm not a design student or anything so i'm kinda a pleb, pls help

i never understand people who say Helvetica is overused or whatever, it's an absolutely timeless typeface and a beautiful one at that (imo)

it doesn't matter though, im a design student and i always use Arial for essays lol

Edited by uhhuh69

yeah helvetica overused but who fuckin care just a perfect font that fit for everything

personally for essay or thing like that i mostly use berthold akzidenz grotesk which is really similar to helvetica 

i use times new roman too lol, i think it depend on how you place your text, organize it etc, can make it look cool

Edited by aymerikmd

i never understand people who say Helvetica is overused or whatever, it's an absolutely timeless typeface and a beautiful one at that (imo)

it doesn't matter though, im a design student and i always use Arial for essays lol

i really like Din. futura/askindenz grotesk are next.

Nothing wrong with some helvetica. 

garamond and baskerville are pretty nice classic fonts for bodies of text, i use em quite a bit

i really like Din. futura/askindenz grotesk are next.

Nothing wrong with some helvetica. 

Dont use DIN it needs kearning and doing a whole essay would be a bitch. For headlines maybe.

Like someone else said fruitger is nice, it has a friendly feel to it. Honestly it's harder to read large bodies of text in sans serif. It disrupts the natural flow. serif fonts aren't script by any means but the serifs help it read more smoothly. Mixing sans serif headlines with serif text is a great way to add some contrast. For inspiration i'd reccomend behance & dribbble for good starting points of inspiration. 

I'll let our CD know about it. Alternately very fond of this font talk that's going on on this page. Looking for friendly serif fonts to use as text body. Personally relied on Paperback and Futura before for a personal project, but it's starting to feel dated. Bah. 

I'll let our CD know about it. Alternately very fond of this font talk that's going on on this page. Looking for friendly serif fonts to use as text body. Personally relied on Paperback and Futura before for a personal project, but it's starting to feel dated. Bah. 

"Hey, there´s this guy on a fashion forum I´m frequenting and he really likes our layouts ..."  :P  

I liked the same pages as TheCreativeD00M. I see what you went for in the torn out pages, but I think it distracts from the print and the fuzziness of the items you´re displaying. I would´ve maybe incorporated the prints somehow, but that´s just me. I really like the idea though, it´s not something you see very often.

Yes, Futura is the new trend, it´s all over the place. Red font, blue background.

Maybe try Weidemann for text body?

If you´re also looking for a sans serif font for headlines etc. try Akkurat or Neutra/Neutraface.

Officina is also nice, because it comes both in serif and sans serif, so they harmonize together.

^^ I agree with landadel, it is different which is the right direction, it gives me an early 90s just starting the beginning of grunge era feel that matchs the product look but is maybe a little too busy. It takes away from the items being displayed and the small copy is lost on all that's going on. I do think the direction is good but maybe simplify to possibly just a torn edge or something or widen it out where just the edges are torn like that. I'm sure it's done and there's nothing to do now though, which is why I didn't originally say anything, but I figured why not...

I love officina for headlines, we used it for a medical mask headline and I was thought wow this is effing sexy, so I packaged the file and took it home for the fonts haha.

Edited by TheCreativeD00m

king's caslon from dalton maag is pretty nice, i use it for the university's newspaper