Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

whenever I wanted to do that I would just open the image in textedit and insert secret messages and delete random things. sometimes turned out pretty nice.

example:

9ceecee31bbcd6dcc1b58be5bd41bb70ef53c7f3_m.jpg

9ceecee31bbcd6dcc1b58be.jpg

Very nice. Anyone know if this is possible with audio files? Might make an interesting change from mangling things with Max/MSP (yeah, I'm a nerd for process based music and aleatoric elements).

making a paper city in 3d problem solving class, and as prework we had to come up with 12 postcards representing/indexing parts of our concept. mine is still a rough concept, but it's the colonization of space with subtle parallels (which these lack) to the american western expansion. anyway, the first 5:

4006068414_4c16b49234_b.jpg

4005948163_40b0f64b62.jpg

4005949823_c622eb3fe1.jpg

don't know how relevant it would be but check out carleton watkin's photography - he played a pretty big role in convincing eastern investors to fund mining / trains / etc... in the west with his photography. He essentially sold the concept of 'nature alongside industry' so that investors saw the commercial possibilities without losing the sense of 'the wests' unlimited resources / sublime nature etc which seems like it might be similiar to what you're going for with the whole "its a new planet for the taking!" thing

dope images btw

couple more postcards

7_1.jpg

8_1.jpg

9_1.jpg

10_1.jpg

and an infographic 3 others and i finished in my graphic design class.

something i wrote up to explain, still have to shoot the actual 24x36 poster:

"in a group of 4, we analyzed the first section of naomi klein's book no logo, titled no space. no space reveals the effects of brand-oriented corporate activity. in this infographic, the most relevant statements have been pulled from each chapter, and compared to themselves to determine how often these ideas reoccur throughout the book. strong connections are displayed by thick boxes, closely-tied displayed by medium sized boxes, and questionable displayed by a thin line."

final_infographic_resize.jpg

final_infographic_edit.jpg

^ wth.....what is that for exactly !?!?!

For a class at school...

the image was supposed to be motor actuated and the movement was intended to display stats about women's conditions through time. Only had a week to do it and we didn't really have a good design to attach motors on the dress... definitely not as straight forward as it seems.

Cool, but why does the hog have ta be erect

flaccid dicks are not veiny enough.

yeah, the dress isn't meant to just display genitals like that. It's actually a separate layer that can move inside the dress. By going back and forth it is meant to display various stats about women's condition in history.

Unfortunately only had a week to make it and making things moved when the most solid base you have is canvas is a pain in the ass so it didn't really come together.

you can check the whole project here

http://hybrid.concordia.ca/~cart360_vincent/students/cl/animate/

I'm kind of stuck in a rut, as I've learned my work is pretty shit so I'm going back and doing some more learning and whatever, so I had a little idea:

I'm sure you guys have read about Make Something Cool Everyday, I thought perhaps we could do something here. I realise you guys might be busy, so it could also be a weekly thing like that sketch group thread thing.

If there's some interest I can begin by posting some cool resources (found a great font pack) you might find fun to use, and so jump-starting some fresh creativity. :eek:

Let's do this guys! I feel there is strong camaraderie between us (pro-homo) :eek::cool::o:D