Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

Your N is way too thick and your E and S are way too thin, they throw everything off and give it an unevenness.

thanks a lot, i appreciate it. i'll work on them.

*i saw your Helbotica on Design You Trust blog recently. really nice stuff man, as is your site.

Natse, that last piece looks rad in B/W and colour - the hair reminds me a lot of French's style. The bright colours really set it off though.

When can we see the finished piece?

It's gone on the back burner for a short while, just got a commission for 2-6 t-shirts so they come first at the moment and I'm waiting for a new lightbox as mine has given up the ghost!

Off on a research trip to the British Museum next week I think so expect some work based around that.

well maybe 50% of th eidea the designer from paris just did it on paper how he wnats it to look i executed and did all the construction drawing and actual building so yeah its not my idea haha!

I thought I'd post some random drawing stuff from about this time last year. I was reviewing some work to remind myself how shitty I am so I remember to get off my ass and get back to work. There happened to be some already on my laptop so I put it on imageshack.

Figure Studies

02femaleseated2zb9.jpg

10seatedwomangz6.jpg

RISD Summer 2007 / Application Renderings

09backyardpencilsq8.jpg

(can't really tell but this drawing probably took about 40 hours because I'm pointlessly slow)

17treeswingso8.jpg

Poorly executed "negative space" study. I hate this drawing but I like how knotted and gnarled I managed to get the branch of the tree to look. Other than that this is bollocks.

19bikeedgeau6.jpg

The infamous RISD "bike drawing."

Anyway, there's some random stuff from last year. If you can do this you can probably get into RISD. I was apparently the only freshman to get a scholarship this admission period so it can't be that hard. If I ever get photos taken of some more recent / better work I'll put it up. I might upload some of my paintings / my 6-foot tall cardboard font installation thing later / digital work. Kind of fun.

I mean this in the best possible way Servo, but for the love of god, I hope being at RISD helps you pick up some speed with your drawings.... those are fucking LOOOOOOONG......

Only the one drawing took 40 hours. The drawing itself was on a much-too-large piece if paper for a drawing that detailed. But honestly, 40 hours for a completed drawing isn't as uncommon or unreasonable as you night think, lots of studios offer 40 hour figure courses. Goingbthat slowly is an incredible way to build a knowledge base as well as necessary to work the figure to completion accurately. Obviously, none of the figures here are those.