3 Months to Live Anywhere in Europe

neofrocio

I have a semester off (September 1st- Late November) so I'm looking to live in a major city in Europe. 

I'm thinking either Paris - because, Paris - or Barcelona, because I speak Spanish and therefore would get more into the culture, as I speak no French.

Between the two which would be better? I'm into fashion, shopping, restaurants, etc., but not so much into clubbing or much wild nightlife.

Or even any suggestions of where better to live? thanks

Edited by neofrocio

no way french food is better than spanish. 

barcelona is one of the hottest places right now for comfort and avant garde food.

im gonna agree with rirawin though..id pick Helsinki or yeah Berlin is really interesting in art and design right now.

sure, stockholm will be fun for you. I live here but I doubt you will have fun for three months.

(to state the obvious) stockholm is pretty small compared to paris or barcelona so you'll get tired after 10 days or so.

i'd go to paris for 1.5 month and would spend the rest of the time in copenhagen, stockholm, milan and berlin.

Weather wise I would go for a southern city, so Barcelona or even Rome. November in Stockholm could get cold and snowy.

Paris is   very nice plus the influx of tourists will be gone for the most part, so that's a bonus.

Barcelona has got better weather but the crisis has got the city on lockdown especially the young, with high unemployment.

Partywise and eatwise  barca would be a better option but there isn't much money going round the young, making middle to higher end shopping difficult.

Paris hasn't had that problem with it's steady rise in chinese and russian clientele..

Paris would be a good idea but keep in mind that rent is really high. Barcelona is great unless you want to find a job and live there, as there isn't that many jobs (more than in most of spain though) and living costs are high.

I live in Berlin and can tell that it's a great city, the quality of life is high, it's very central, loads of things to do. The thing is that Summer will soon be over and winters are COLD. 

Why not London ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

India and Egypt aren't in Europe  ;)

As for Greece, so much political unrest (due to the economy) and racial tensions there at the moment. Even their islands Corfu and Crete appear somewhat affected by it. If you're not caucasian I wouldn't risk it... 

Edited by rirawin

You'd have to be an idiot to pick London. Barcelona, Berlin, Scandinavian cities, etc. are much nicer places for young people to live.

Vienna is great too, maybe not as much exciting stuff to offer as some of these other cities but incredible general quality of life.

I have heard from friends that Athens is similar to Barcelona in that while the economic climate is very bad, the city is still great to live in.

I've heard differently. The majority want out of Barcelona, beaches aren't great and the city is expensive compared to other Spanish cities.

London isn't that bad, you just have to know where to go and what to do to make the most of it. While it may not be better than Berlin and the like, in my opinion it's certainly better than Paris.

Edited by rirawin