This season is looking pretty solid to me.  Lots of great pieces in my opinion.

Anybody in this thread holding any old flannels, looking to sell? Trying to find one of the AW12 tartans.

To add to this, I've been looking for an old FW11 Heavyweight Plaid Shirt for a while in a size large.  No luck...

5mpGteo.jpg

Don't dickwads actually devalue the brand anyway (through owning and reselling to others), I mean I have a few pieces and find it somewhat funny in a fashion context but if I was some OG/whatever/luv NYC 90s skate blablabla I'd just let it go, this shit is for future asian engineers who are currently working really hard on losing their virginity (and failing) while listening to gangsta rap. I truly commiserate with the miserable losers of the mating market but they can hardly be described as having street cred.

i think i love you.

• 4 weeks later...

dunno if a number of people from a certain kind of crowd wearing smth means the brand specifically 'caters' to them... can't imagine head honchos over @ supreme spend their time coming up with new ways to further penetrate the lad community of suburban london/essex and ensure they maintain majority market share via (primarily counterfeit anyway) bogo tees/hats 

as for stone island... idk how the 'banter-boy' stereotype is even remotely linked to it. thought that one was all about football hooligans

anyway. received these work pants today. didn't realize they were so big. feel like circa 70s american man who works @ a car dealership n beats his wife named betty. think i'll get them tapered 

tumblr_nc09llTbXu1rmypuro1_r2_500.jpg

forgive 4 poor mirror selfie in unused room of house 

Edited by rafsemens

dunno if a number of people from a certain kind of crowd wearing smth means the brand specifically 'caters' to them... can't imagine head honchos over @ supreme spend their time coming up with new ways to further penetrate the lad community of suburban london/essex and ensure they maintain majority market share via (primarily counterfeit anyway) bogo tees/hats 

as for stone island... idk how the 'banter-boy' stereotype is even remotely linked to it. thought that one was all about football hooligans

it's 2014, at this point $$$ is by far the most important thing to supreme despite what others want to say. in the US and japan (i.e. their two biggest markets) SI is still a somewhat fairly "exclusive" label that only those with an interest in fashion/design would bother with. from a marketing standpoint, its a good strategy for supreme and probably an even better one for SI in terms of exposure to non-EU demographics which is a positive or negative thing depending on how you look at it.

in the UK SI has completely different connotations...you're right in that its primary association to most people is with hooligans and casuals, but it also has strong ties to chav/scally, grime, rave, newer era skinheads and even yes, "gay culture". in fact, i remember a friends older brother in the early 90's saying that only "rich twinks" and other expletives wore SI jackets (things may have significantly changed since then, however).

Edited by conqueror

around here typical LADs wish they could afford Stone Island, so they end up copping a beanie or some other cheap accessory with the logo on. it's the same with supreme, they buy obvious fake bogo t shirt off eBay for a tenner

anyway. received these work pants today. didn't realize they were so big. feel like circa 70s american man who works @ a car dealership n beats his wife named betty. think i'll get them tapered 

tumblr_nc09llTbXu1rmypuro1_r2_500.jpg

forgive 4 poor mirror selfie in unused room of house 

Looks like they fit well, I wouldn't taper them, just the cuff is good

• 2 weeks later...

it's 2014, at this point $$$ is by far the most important thing to supreme despite what others want to say. in the US and japan (i.e. their two biggest markets) SI is still a somewhat fairly "exclusive" label that only those with an interest in fashion/design would bother with. from a marketing standpoint, its a good strategy for supreme and probably an even better one for SI in terms of exposure to non-EU demographics which is a positive or negative thing depending on how you look at it.

in the UK SI has completely different connotations...you're right in that its primary association to most people is with hooligans and casuals, but it also has strong ties to chav/scally, grime, rave, newer era skinheads and even yes, "gay culture". in fact, i remember a friends older brother in the early 90's saying that only "rich twinks" and other expletives wore SI jackets (things may have significantly changed since then, however).

Recently saw some British dude in full SI, no matter the connotations that shit is A+, nothing in your face in what he was wearing but really good look.

this collaboration is insane on so many levels.  from a casual / terrace culture level it's on par with the endlessly strip mined 90s polo refs (that the design includes a polo nod is even nuttier).  from that respect, it's a total win for supreme in london.  along with adidas x palace it's on trend.

pretty fucked off about having bought the 30/30 coat system last year and having to come up with funds for this but c'est la vie

• 2 weeks later...