it's actually a fair bit less than the cost of licensing the font for the box logo tees, but supreme wanted to keep the same retail price as when they were first released.  their way of giving back to all the loyal supporters that have helped them out over the years i guess..

Edited by merzbot

if said font is trademarked, yes. 

supreme was somewhat fortunate to win the licensing for their box logo font, as at the time there were a number of other more established streetwear brands, which were in turn backed by larger conglomerates, that had bids in to license the font.  rather than cash in, kruger decided to award the licensing to an upstart company that was more closely tied to the community.  it's been a great working relationship for both parties (supreme and kruger).  in the end, with the success of supreme came the inevitable restructuring of their contract with kruger and she has actually made more than what she would have if she would have licensed it out to a larger company in the beginning..

Yeah - I'm confused. Barbara Kruger didn't design Futura. Surely you buy a licence for that font and do what you want with it? Or do you mean they license the design as it's so close to what Barbara Kruger did?

Anyways, I popped into town at lunch and the queue was crazy and I had to get back for a meeting. Went home via Soho and they'd all gone.

Was funny - bumped into my wife and her work colleagues and she was all "where are you going?". And I was all "errr, to Supreme to buy a load of shite". Busted.

man my shop page didnt even update until 11:03.

can someone hook me up with a restock bot or sumthing now rofl rofl

yeah there was a weird inventory thing going on - it kept going back to last week's.  shit got dumped out of my mobile cart because of it.

re: wearing a box logo tee - just remember, anybody who is impressed by it isn't worth impressing

the dead kennedys supreme thing is so deeply ironic

is it supposed to be?

this is precisely the shit that makes me feel old

one of the deeply anti-consumerist bands having their anti-consumerist images on high-priced rock t-shirt for THE hype®-consumerist brand

it is deeply confused and confusing

so weird that i almost feel like i am missing something

and makes me kind of want it despite my knee-jerk repulsion

it captures everything that is wrong (and good) about supreme

they have their finger on that weird juncture of good and bad taste

one of the deeply anti-consumerist bands having their anti-consumerist images on high-priced rock t-shirt for THE hype®-consumerist brand

true. but all of these collaborations are mutual business agreements. so, in this case the dead kennedys jumped on to do this.

Edited by 1M

true. but all of these collaborations are mutual business agreements. so, in this case the dead kennedys jumped on to do this.

I they also used "Holiday In Cambodia" for a Levis ad. Pretty sure Jello Biafra wanted nothing to do with it, but the other members were all "fuck it", and since he's no longer in the band...