The North Face

herpsky

This thread is a generic thread for the north face.

I just saw a really nice tee in a japanese blog.

Obviously a japanese exclusive item...

The North Face x The Backdrop

f0010106_22575817.jpg

Had a pair of Nort Face big wall pants back when I climbed and was generally a dirty hippie. Still one of my all time favorite pairs of pants. They saw hell and smiled at me and asked for more. Months without washing and climbing/class every day. I don't know how I ever picked up women while I was wearing them but I did and they saw me through it all. I feel like I should go dig them out of the attic just to hug them.

Their design isn't always great but the top shelf technical gear is excellent.

i never understood the appeal of the atmos x northface collabo bags...

but the futura x goretex northface was super fresh

there was a guy selling the jacket on SF like a year ago

i just got my self a northface backpack for school

holy shit its got so many damn straps and slots

and so much fucking room

im used to my old puma messenger bag that died on my this summer

and i could fit 8 of those into this

its called the slingshot,

hey...i have the slingshot too. its surprisngly big. the amount of clothes and liquor i packed in there on the way to a bonfire surprised me. haha yeah. im happy with it.

Well, I was a little late on the North Face backpack bandwagon (having bought myy "Recon" in 99) but my bag is fucking indestructible. Like the guy above, I still remember storing a whole bag of Jack Daniels and weed and bringing it to a party. Must have weighted 40 fucking pounds.

damn...thats a lot of weed. haha.

Had a pair of Nort Face big wall pants back when I climbed and was generally a dirty hippie. Still one of my all time favorite pairs of pants. They saw hell and smiled at me and asked for more. Months without washing and climbing/class every day. I don't know how I ever picked up women while I was wearing them but I did and they saw me through it all. I feel like I should go dig them out of the attic just to hug them.

Their design isn't always great but the top shelf technical gear is excellent.

i also have a pair of North Face pants that have seriously seen everything and they are like 7 years old and apart from a tiny bit of fraying on the heel part, you could never tell what these pants have been throught. i remember coming back from a hiking trip where it rained the whole time and the pants were covered with mod (they were actually stiff from it when they dried) and my mom wanted to throw them away. i just threw them in the machine as a kind of dare to her and they came back sparkling clean.

the japan only items are usually pretty (like that denim jacket). they have these crazy nice waterproof messenger bags that i really should have bought one...

that puffy "eYe" jacket they did last year in plaid was unbelievably fresh

yes that plaid junya wantanabe jacket! i can never find them online....but theyd prolly never make my size anways.

but the futura x goretex northface was super fresh

yeah i always wanted the woodland camo NF x futura jacket. then i found out Northface japan made a more economical camo gortex jacket called the "Makalu". my classmate has one.

Northface is always gunna be a staple in my wordrobe like vans, levis,and white ts.

whats the new word on that Backdrop collab tee, herpsky ?

peace.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
As was mentioned early in the threa, Nanamica is the best bet for stockists. As you can see, their selection is huge. Their 60/40 Mountain parka looks nice. A bit different than typical designs in that style.

http://www.nanamica.com/shopping/north_face/index.html

I actually did check it out. Great stuff. I emailed them and they said they couldn't ship to the US. Guess I'll have to go through proxy.

• 4 months later...

is all TNF purple label made in China? :(

vintage north face was the shit

can someone ID this old backpack? saved an image from the 'bay like a year ago... what model is this? are the yellow straps custom?

frontvef.jpg

backdsg.jpg

i want goretex parkas MADE IN THE USA ... :(

northface2.jpg

North_Face_2.jpg

yeah, The North Face Purple Label is probably the greatest TNF products to come out since the 1990's days of color blocking jackets and bubble vests.

apparently Nanamica has exclusive licensing rights in Japan only so these items may never make it to the States.

Hopefully The North Face USA is taking notes, they seriously need to step their game up.. back to basics.

Some of the Arcteryx Gore-Tex stuff is still made in Canada, although most of it is going to China but under "close supervision." But Gore-tex is old stuff. You gotta check out e-vent. It's a much nicer material and way better at breathing compared to gore-tex.

eVent sounds nice. Looks like Vaude is using this fabric.

Iam still a fan of the Schoeller fabric I got with the Rapha Tweed Jacket. Much more comfortable than Proshell by Goretex.

to topic: is there any way to get this denim parka?, seems to be very old

that blue parka came up on the bay. too bad it was a small. so nice. that purple label stuff looks great. i dont understand why north face doesnt make this stuff in the us. the-north-face-taylor-design-aw09-4-540x327.jpg

ive always been a fan of these down jackets. i hate downs with shiny nylon material. would anyone know anbody that makes something similar to these?